1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

service 4WD light on... HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 08:27 PM
superjhonxxx
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default service 4WD light on... HELP!!!!

Hello ,I have an 2001 Durango and the 4WD service light came on and well its been a couple of months and no codes on scanner. changed 4x4 switch no good. Went under the car and cables were corrupted and broken so I had to reconnect them after cleaning all. no good. Just got replaced the TCCM (many post said to do this) and still have the light on to service 4WD. well, something I should say is that the 4x4 switch turn on and all the light show when I start the car, for the first second and than nothing, not a blink of any of the lights of the "N" nothing. so I'm not sure what or where to do next, any ideas will help please.

Old 04-07-2014, 09:03 PM
superjhonxxx

Any chance this could be caused by a bad transfer case shift motor????

Old 04-08-2014, 05:25 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

It's usually a bad connection, switch, or shift motor. TCCM would have been last.

Still figuring out how the wiring was "corrupted", you just might have gremlins brain washing your wiring.

Old 04-27-2014, 09:08 PM
kissmymagnum
Professional

Some of the newer TCC modules have to be reset by dealer if it has any codes in it from a wiring fault or something similar before it will function again. Dont know if yours is the same way or not.

Old 04-27-2014, 11:30 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Lift the vehicle and check the fluid in the transfer case. Is the fluid burnt? If the fluid is burnt, replace the transfer case/box because it is now fried. If you had a transfer case motor, you should have codes. If the fluid is good, then I would try the transfer case motor first and then the TCCM module, which is under the dash on the right side of the steering column.

Quick Reply: service 4WD light on... HELP!!!!