1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Cleaning the Interior

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 10:16 AM
a_thomas8811
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adukart
Not particularly. What armor-all does is block uv light. Well todays plastics and vinyl are more resistant to uv deterioration. But since armor-all is silicone based it traps heat like a greenhouse deteriorating it that way, plus the shine creates more of a reflection on the windscreen possibly creating visual impairment. What it does is dries out leather and break down the protection (new leathers for the most part are sealed from the factory, but not all). For leather stick with a quality conditioner. Now you can use a water based dressing that doesn't create such a greenhouse effect and is less shiny (or more shiny just remember it reflects in the windshield more) while blocking UV such as this: http://www.chemicalguys.com/ProductD...ode=TVD_201_16.
I have found armor-all to be good at reconditioning rubber that is not exposed to sunlight such as the door seals. Even helps to keep them from sticking shut in the winter.
Thank you for the info.

Old 05-15-2014, 02:43 PM
adukart
Record Breaker
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I have learned a lot from this guy, he gives good tips for the DIY and professional. I have used some of his products and they are excellent but there are cheaper alternatives that are as good as his.

Quick Reply: Cleaning the Interior