1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

A Few Maintenance ???s

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 01:27 AM
thurd94
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A Few Maintenance ???s

1998 5.2L Back and running perfect after electrical. Well we have been avoiding it so far, but definitely needs every single bushing I can think of.
1. Does anybody know where I can get a full kit? Rather than separate kits for different spots.

2. And the other thing is we went camping, truck got stuck, we got it out (front tires were buried roughly 6 inches and would not spin in 4wd), but 4L is shot now. I believe it is NP242 transfer case. 2Hi, 4Hi part time, N, 4L part time. Sometimes I had to hold floor shifter in 4L, and it would yank out of my hand. Pretty loose shifting arm now. I read about Drivetrain.com, may have to rebuild the T-case. Have not gotten under the truck to look.

3. We replaced back brakes last year. I know we did not do them too tight, truck sat 8 months, now one side I can not pull the drum off. No slot in back to loosen. Bled brakes, didn't help. Shoe only rubs drum on a small spot, not on the entire shoe.

Old 06-07-2014, 10:20 AM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Sounds like you've got the nv231 then if you don't have the full time position. Check the grommets in the 4wd shifter linkage.

Old 06-16-2014, 02:35 AM
thurd94
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry 'bout the wait. I haven't checked the grommets just yet, taking a trip to Colorado this week so don't want to mess with anything. Did just have to replace the starter, bad solenoid, and bolts because Chapman stripped the starter ears. I have noticed when I drive that it sounds like a bearing is spinning freely near the mid-under section about where the transfer case is.

Quick Reply: A Few Maintenance ???s