1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Lund Hood Scoops

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 12:19 AM
a_thomas8811
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by akuser47
Yes you can it is just harder to paint it on the hood compared to before installing. You can mask off the area around it and anything your overspray may hit. I have done it that way with other cars, but next time I will paint first reason being you can move it and more evenly coat it. keep us posted to what you do. also dont forget a can of clear coat once you have a good coat of paint you can apply clear to give it great finish.
Ok I will just hold off until Friday when the paint come in at Napa for PB7 since other store don't have them.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:26 AM
RDuck
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

AAAAHHHHH.
Don't have clue punctuation was proper spell for me. Drive nuts me know not how type proper sentences when easy so do.
Find read hard when people try not show intelligence.

Sorry but it is true. Do you speak the way you type?
I'd imagine it would be difficult to understand you if you spoke that way.
Am I being an ***? Yes. I am. But I am also just trying to help you sound more intelligent than you are letting on by your terrible typing.
Let me geuss. Your in your twentys and school let you get away with it and you text in slang and short, hence you never learned proper sentences or punctuation.
Imagine speaking to a prospective employer like that.
Would you get a job?
Probably. Bottom pay and grunt labour where your speech is not required. Heres a shovel Johnny.

Hope scoop fit from uncle ok and paint come well out for you.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:18 AM
gvsu4msu
Professional

Originally Posted by RDuck
AAAAHHHHH.
Don't have clue punctuation was proper spell for me. Drive nuts me know not how type proper sentences when easy so do.

Am I being an ***? Yes. I am. But I am also just trying to help you sound more intelligent than you are letting on by your terrible typing.
Let me geuss. Your in your twentys and school let you get away with it and you text in slang and short, hence you never learned proper sentences or punctuation.
Would you get a job?
Probably. Bottom pay and grunt labour where your speech is not required. Heres a shovel Johnny.

Ever consider that what you read might have been "auto-corrected"?

You are correct in that there is no excuse for not proofreading, but there is no need to post your comments this way. It could have been written with a little more politeness.

Old 07-21-2014, 10:31 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

My Dakota was the same coloir as your Durango. I purchased my paint from Imatchpaint.com (NMB Paint sales). The use professional quality automotive finishe paint (Dupont), plus they sell a two-part clear coat that is as good as it gets for rattle can paint.

I installed a hood scoop on mine. As previously stated, I masked the area off where the 3-m tape would be sticking to and I roughed it up with a scotchbrite pad to give some more adhesion. I painted mine off the truck. Thats a no brainer. No masking of body parts.

Attached Thumbnails Lund Hood Scoops-2011-05-10_18-36-09_121_zpsce2b71f1.jpg   Lund Hood Scoops-2011-06-17_19-08-48_999_zps58158450.jpg   Lund Hood Scoops-061711191235_zpsbab9992e.jpg   Lund Hood Scoops-2011-06-17_19-08-48_999_zps58158450.jpg   Lund Hood Scoops-061711191235_zpsbab9992e.jpg  

Last edited by jkeaton; 07-21-2014 at 10:33 AM.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:20 AM
a_thomas8811
Professional

AAAAHHHHH.

Would you get a job?

Yeah I am deaf and people do have hard time understanding me. English classes and speech were the hardest classes in school for me but I did graduated. I do work part-time 5 days clean shop, offices, and delivery parts. Only can work 14-18 hours a week. So I don't blame you for being an *** but I can't help it that my typing isn't good.

Old 07-21-2014, 01:50 PM
RDuck
Captain

Originally Posted by gvsu4msu
Ever consider that what you read might have been "auto-corrected"?

You are correct in that there is no excuse for not proofreading, but there is no need to post your comments this way. It could have been written with a little more politeness.
You are so right. But I was being polite. Yes, I am an ***.
But I try to at least help people understand they are sounding dumber than they probably really are.
Forgive my rudeness. I really was trying to be polite.
I know I could have been a real dink. But that doesn't help at all.

Old 07-21-2014, 02:53 PM
akuser47
Rookie

Wow jkeaton that looks sweet good work.

Old 07-21-2014, 03:24 PM
a_thomas8811
Professional

You are so right. But I was being polite. Yes, I am an ***.
But I try to at least help people understand they are sounding dumber than they probably really are.
Forgive my rudeness. I really was trying to be polite.
I know I could have been a real dink. But that doesn't help at all.
That ok. I just want to let you know that my typing and talk isn't the greatest. You just give your options on what you think.

Old 07-21-2014, 06:49 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

stick on scoops are always tricky to do w/o them coming out looking tacky, definitely have to paint before you install, and be carefull that they go on well, put the time in and they will look fine, rush it and you will have problems.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:25 PM
RDuck
Captain

Scoops look good. But at least make them functional.

Quick Reply: Lund Hood Scoops