1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Quality Lug Nuts

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 06:03 PM
400m
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quality Lug Nuts

I have an 03 Durango. The lug nuts are horrible. The caps keep coming off. im sick of it. Does anyone make a decent lug nut that wont break the bank? Possibly a solid one.

Old 02-16-2015, 10:00 PM
gvsu4msu
Professional

I bought a set similar to these for mine as I had some caps missing too. I wanted something to differentiate my Black Durango than others on the road.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/24-DODGE-DUR...8a1442&vxp=mtr

Old 02-19-2015, 06:44 PM
GFNR
Amateur

Originally Posted by gvsu4msu
I bought a set similar to these for mine as I had some caps missing too. I wanted something to differentiate my Black Durango than others on the road.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/24-DODGE-DUR...8a1442&vxp=mtr
I like the black lug nut idea, however I dont like the chrome. I may just be nit picking but I want some with a matte/charcoal finish or make. But then again I also don't want anything on my Durango to reflect light. Either way, long story short, how are those working out for you?

Old 02-20-2015, 11:20 AM
gvsu4msu
Professional

Originally Posted by GFNR
I like the black lug nut idea, however I dont like the chrome. I may just be nit picking but I want some with a matte/charcoal finish or make. But then again I also don't want anything on my Durango to reflect light. Either way, long story short, how are those working out for you?
I like them way better than the STOCK lug nuts. Only had an issue with ONE when I was rotating the tires last summer. I think I got the lug wrench a bit askew and I sheared the top off. Thankfully the set I bought came with 25, so I had an immediate spare.

I also painted the center cap too. Here is how they look.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:05 PM
dxloat
Veteran
Wink

Oh my, I dont think I would like to have lug nuts that were obviously made out of such a soft material to be able to deform like that. Heat treating and material is important. I'm not sure that the quality of those nuts is dangerous but sometimes the stuff sold on ebay is cheap imported garbage that the manufacturers cut corners on, especially things you cant see like hardness and material. But hey its better to look than be good right?

Old 04-20-2015, 12:56 PM
400m

I ordered all 24 lug nuts online. I bought the Dorman brand. They are solid and seem well built. Threw the capped ones in the trash. I doubt I'll ever have to replace these. Cost was just over $1 per.

Quick Reply: Quality Lug Nuts