1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

02 rear wiper not working

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 01:55 PM
Mopar4life28
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 rear wiper not working

I have a 2002 SLT plus and my rear wiper is not working. I checked the fuse and verified there is power to it at the power distribution box, I also tried several different relays. I can not get it to work as it should. after removing it from the rear hatch and powering it directly it works. I have done some research and found that there is a control module for the vehicle that may have cause this to stop working. My question is where is the module located and how can I test that? Or is this false information and I should take the dash apart and get to the switch. Also if I press the switch in, it will activate the rear washer but still does not move the wiper.

Old 12-27-2015, 03:45 PM
JeeperDon
All Star
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Here is the text from am '01 FSM for diagnosing a electrically non-functional rear wiper.

"(1) Check the fused B(+) fuse (Fuse J - 20 ampere) in the Power Distribution Center (PDC). If OK, go to Step 2. If not OK, repair the shorted circuit or component as required and replace the faulty fuse.

(2) Check for battery current at the fused B(+) fuse (Fuse J - 20 ampere) in the PDC. If OK, go to Step 3. If not OK, repair the open B(+) circuit between the PDC and the battery as required.

(3) Test the rear wiper relay and circuits. (Refer to 8 - ELECTRICAL/REAR WIPERS/WASHERS/REAR WIPER RELAY - DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING). If
the relay tests OK, go to Step 4. If not OK, replace the faulty relay or repair the relay circuits as required.

(4) Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable. Disconnect the wire harness connector for the rear wiper motor from the motor pigtail wire connector. Check for continuity between the ground circuit cavity of the liftgate wire harness connector for the rear wiper motor and a good ground. There should be continuity. If OK, go to Step 5. If not OK, repair the open ground circuit to ground (G306) as required.

(5) Disconnect the body wire harness connector (Connector C2) for the CTM from the CTM connector receptacle. Check for continuity between the rear
wiper motor control circuit cavity of the liftgate wire harness connector for the rear wiper motor and a good ground. There should be no continuity. If OK, go to Step 6. If not OK, repair the shorted rear wiper motor control circuit between the rear wiper motor and the CTM as required.

(6) Check for continuity between the rear wiper park switch sense circuit cavities of the liftgate wire harness connector for the rear wiper motor and the body wire harness connector (Connector C2) for the CTM. There should be continuity. If OK, replace the faulty rear wiper motor as required. If not OK, repair the open rear wiper park switch sense circuit between the rear wiper motor and the CTM as required."

Old 12-27-2015, 05:15 PM
Mopar4life28
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, so I have not tried to locate the control module due to the rain but it is behind the drivers kick panel? And if anyone could tell me which pin if for the rear wiper that would be a big help.

Quick Reply: 02 rear wiper not working