1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Got a little warm today

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 07:59 PM
Pspklutch
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome. That's what I'll do then. I'll get out to a salvage yard in the next couple weeks and get a taurus fan shroud and see if that helps... I hate the fan clutch. I know it just works, but I prefer an electric set up.

Old 05-24-2016, 02:37 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Remember, That Guy has a 318 compare to your 360 so cooling may not be enough even with taurus fan. Possibly it will be the radiator having to be replaced to accomodate proper cooling with electric fans on a 360 motor.

I did a dual 12 inch push fan and my OEM electric rear pull fan so 3 fan combo and the temperature will not stay within the 180-190 degrees on my 360 when slow driving or stopped with A/C on. Without AC, I am fine.

Dumped the dual 12's pushers and re-installed my HD mechanical fan and everything is working normal.

So let us know the results of your conversion.

Old 05-24-2016, 07:59 PM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

The Taurus fan will be plenty for the 360. Indy as well as several others run the Taurus fan with it.

Old 05-25-2016, 04:22 PM
Pspklutch
Veteran

Originally Posted by Kensai
Remember, That Guy has a 318 compare to your 360 so cooling may not be enough even with taurus fan. Possibly it will be the radiator having to be replaced to accomodate proper cooling with electric fans on a 360 motor.

I did a dual 12 inch push fan and my OEM electric rear pull fan so 3 fan combo and the temperature will not stay within the 180-190 degrees on my 360 when slow driving or stopped with A/C on. Without AC, I am fine.

Dumped the dual 12's pushers and re-installed my HD mechanical fan and everything is working normal.

So let us know the results of your conversion.
Yeh I have thought about that. But it's worth a shot to not have to have the mechanical fan. So I'm gonna try it anyway.

that_guyThe Taurus fan will be plenty for the 360. Indy as well as several others run the Taurus fan with it.
That's what I thought. I knew I had seen someone on here that had the Taurus fans with a 360 and said it was fine. I definitely wanna try it. I hate the mechanical fan, I also hate the noise of these stupid after market fans. I think the Taurus fans will be a lot quieter. Anyway, thanks for the input!

Old 05-25-2016, 06:00 PM
that_guy
Champion

On low speed it's fairly quiet, but on high speed it's a bit loud. You can just barely hear it at idle with the windows up. Turn on the radio or start moving and you can't tell it's there.

Old 05-26-2016, 06:59 AM
Pspklutch
Veteran

Well that sounds a lot quieter than my three fans I have. I've got a flowmaster (not sure which one, was on the truck when I bought it and it's pretty loud) and you cant hear the truck over the fans. I hate how loud they are

Old 05-26-2016, 02:07 PM
that_guy
Champion

I probably have a video clip of the fan somewhere... I'll have to look when I get home.

Old 05-26-2016, 06:21 PM
that_guy
Champion

Ok, this is probably the best video I have of the fan. I was checking what the flow rate of the fan was with and without the radiator in the equation. After I disconnect the extra fan from the battery you can hear the low speed of the taurus fan, and then when I turn the a/c on the high speed is on.

Old 05-28-2016, 10:25 PM
Pspklutch
Veteran

Originally Posted by that_guy
Ok, this is probably the best video I have of the fan. I was checking what the flow rate of the fan was with and without the radiator in the equation. After I disconnect the extra fan from the battery you can hear the low speed of the taurus fan, and then when I turn the a/c on the high speed is on.

That's awesome.... That's over three times the cfm my 12" fans are rated at. Even on the radiator, it's well over double the cfm on the high speed. No wonder my truck won't run cool.... These flex a lite fans must be junk. I'll never buy them again. Looks like it's gonna be the taurus fan now

Old 05-31-2016, 11:28 PM
Pspklutch
Veteran

Little update:
Got a fan out of a 93 Taurus. Put the fan in yesterday. I only have low speed right now because I haven't yet wired a big enough power supply for the high speed fan. So that's on it's way. So far though, the low speed only keeps the truck cool (only 80 out today) and keeps my ac cool. And the low speed is way way way quieter than my old fans. The high speed is also quieter (I tested it manually to make sure it works) so a little more wiring and I'm done. After that I'll see how well it works in an Oklahoma summer

Quick Reply: Got a little warm today