1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

ac compressor runs even with heater on

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 10:08 PM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by schusterjo
Funny that you say it doesn't make sense because now you seem to understand that when the clutch is engaged it is also lubricating ( not really what you said in the previous comment)

When it comes to addressing the OP question explaining the process is in fact relevant, lubrication is part of that process.

Pulling the fuse was directed towards you when you said lubrication has nothing to do with it, pulling that fuse will cause premature seal failure.

Anyways I am done with this childish bickering.
Well if you want to bring up irrelevant things that are part of the process you may as well start talking about the forces inside the cylinders of the compressor or the energy lost due to noise. Heck maybe somehow his ac compressor caused some vibration in the air that propagated and caused this hurricane. I'm also curious as to how you think not running the air conditioning is going to cause seal failure.

Old 10-06-2016, 10:09 PM
that_guy
Champion

I think I'm ready for one of these:

Old 10-07-2016, 03:27 AM
schusterjo
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JeeperDon
I've been in a lot of threads with that_guy, never any bickering. Maybe it's you?
Nope, I would have to disagree. When a guy says something like "the cycling of the a/c has nothing to do with lubrication" after you posted it deserves a response. After I responded he then says when the system cycles it to lubricates (contradiction to what he said before)
That all could of been done and over with admitting he was wrong, misread or had forgotten. Nope, he chooses to bicker on.

Now, I don't get the chance to come on much anymore and I used to be the moderator for this section until I gave it up years ago, so I have plenty of knowledge when it comes to helping out ( actually was a moderator over at dodge talk as well)

I am not here to bicker with anyone but if you feel the need to question something I say I will respond and prove you wrong... if I am wrong (( and I have been before) I will thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Old 10-07-2016, 06:37 AM
that_guy
Champion

Ok, you're wrong. The a/c does not cycle on and off with the purpose of circulating lubricant, it cycles mainly when the low pressure switch or evaporator temperature probe tells it to in order to prevent the core from freezing. Oil circulating is merely a byproduct of the a/c running. Yes oil circulates when the a/c is running, but the a/c doesn't not cycle to circulate lubricant.

I think it's funny how you still think you're not the one bickering here. You're intentionally trying to cause commotion by making false accusations against people. I'm glad you're not a moderator here anymore because someone with your level of maturity is not someone we need running things.

The following users liked this post:
iaff801 (03-05-2022)
Old 10-07-2016, 08:51 AM
JeeperDon
All Star
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by that_guy
I think it's funny how you still think you're not the one bickering here. You're intentionally trying to cause commotion by making false accusations against people. I'm glad you're not a moderator here anymore because someone with your level of maturity is not someone we need running things.
Yeah, sort of reminds me of someone.. not Hillary, the other guy.

Old 10-10-2016, 02:54 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

ill satisfy this argument, i ran my truck all winter every winter with the a/c clutch UNPLUGGED, the truck went 12 years in my possession with 0 a/c issues, the clutch does NOT need to cycle for the express purpose of lubricating the compressor.

the a/c is a closed system which is evacuated of all contaminants before being charged with freon, as long as there are no leaks there are no contaminants in there, and with the clutch disengaged the compressor isnt engaged, this means that the compressor isnt moving, no movement means no lubrication required just the same as when you store an air compressor for your garage. now after sitting for a while you want to run it with low load to distribute that lubrication for best lifespan, but thats not really the point.

as the the OPs origional question, the a/c clutch will cycle with the heat on as long as the a/c button is pushed (at least in later years where this was available) and in any position blowing defroster air for the purpose of drying the air to avoid condensation on the windshield.

Quick Reply: ac compressor runs even with heater on