1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

PCV Valve Fluttering

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 02:06 PM
Pspklutch
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PCV Valve Fluttering

I did a search and didn't find anything just like this. Feel free to point me to a thread if there is one already.

I did the Kegger Mod with a new Hughes Racing Aluminum Plenum. The plenum gasket was bad but not as bad as I thought it would look. So anyway, that's all done. Found out that oil was coming through the crank case vent into the breather on top of the throttle body. Thought maybe the pcv was bad. Super cheap so I bought a new one. Now I still have some oil coming through the crank case vent and at Idle you can't tell anything is wrong. But when there is a load on the engine the PCV starts fluttering. I'll probably just go buy another at $2 and see what happens. Just wanted some peoples thoughts.

Also, both the crank case vent grommet and the pcv grommet are no longer soft and rubber, they're hard and plastic like. So hard that the old pcv broke coming out and I had to buy a grommet assortment and drill a hole in the old plastic grommet to get a rubber grommet for a Ford to fit. So with it being hard and plastic now, I know for sure that a lot of it is not sealing correctly. But none of the local parts stores sells the correct pcv grommet. I think I'll have to get it directly from chrysler.

Anyway, all help is appreciated