1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

2001 Durango 5.9l engine layout questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 05:43 PM
Whoknowsanymore
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Durango 5.9l engine layout questions

hello I just bought my first Durango with the 5.9l and I have a few questions about the engine layout since it looks like the owner before me had some after market parts added
there is a hose that has been looped and one just open
no owners manual to look at 😔
Any knowledge is appreciated
thank you

Old 04-13-2017, 06:42 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

im going to move this to the first gen section for you, im not sure where in the engine bay that open hose is located but if you share that information it would definitely be helpfull.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:26 AM
JeeperDon
All Star
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The black thing looks like a siren or something. The blue wire is tapping the wire to the #1 cyl injector. might be for a remote start, but I have no idea how those are wired in. The hose looks like the one that heads off to the rear heater. There would be a pump right there, which their is not. It's possible to bypass that pump and the rear heat and just plumb it to water feed the front heater, likely what was done.

There is a service manual PDF available on this site somewhere which would help you a lot.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:48 AM
Whoknowsanymore
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry about posting in wrong section completely missed that
im going to guess this is for the pump
on the key fob it dos have a remote start but when I try to use it the screen flashes inhibit
im not sure if the heater leaks or just the pump went out but it rarely gets cold here so I'll ignore it
uppon further inspection I also found this electric connector
since it is always so hot here I want to jump the electric rad fan to always be on where would be a good spot to run a 12v+ to it
there is also this clamp like something should have gone here

I am also wondering if there is a vacuume line to help regulate fuel pressure as there is a heavy smell of gas out the tail pipe with new plugs wires and o2s on it
no codes tho
if not I am wondering if I can put a resistor in line of the fuel pump to regulate the pressure better

sorry if some one pics upload twice I'm on a phone and it does not always work correctly

thanks again