1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

2003 Dodge Durango - front vents not working and more

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 02:48 AM
season
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Dodge Durango - front vents not working and more

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to buy a 2003 Dodge Durango from a local dealership. The vehicle has 194,000 miles. I know that maybe some high mileage but I did hear Dodge Durangos can last over 250,000 miles If treated right. Hopefully, that's true. Last Friday I went and checked it out. The vehicle drove great but there was one issue that stood out to me. The vehicle's front driver, passenger and dashboard vents do not blow any air out of them. The rear vents do blow air but its cold. I tried switching the temperature from cold to hot via the driver controls and rear controls but it had no effect. Actually, I cannot control anything from the rear controls. I really like this vehicle but I would like to know what could be causing air not to flow through the front vents and Why can't I control the rear A/C system.

The dealership owner said it may be a blown fuse but vehicle issues are never that simple. I will be going back this Wednesday to probably purchased the vehicle. I need to know what causes these issues so If anyone has experienced this before or knows how to fix it please respond to this post.

Thank you.

Old 05-29-2017, 08:16 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 346 Likes on 308 Posts

Make fixing it a condition of buying it. Simple enough.

Old 05-29-2017, 08:48 AM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

01 - 03 is going to have electrically actuated blend and diverter doors. Your problem is probably with one of those, unless you can't hear the blower running at all.

Old 05-31-2017, 12:17 AM
ricksss96
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look at the sticky threads for one titled: Do It Yourself FAQ's
Inside that you can find a link to a thread named something like Heater Actuators. You can find a lot of information about possible causes of this problem and how to fix. If you are lucky you won't have to remove the dash

Use this info to beat the dealer down on his price, tell him you'll have to pay a mechanic to remove the dash to make the repair and that will cost you $1500.