1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Power window problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 02:00 PM
Ashley Harn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It will work to go down on both switches but not up.

Old 07-31-2017, 07:29 AM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Try reseatng the wire harness on the master switch panel on the driver side. May resolve issue. Inspect the harness when you take it off to ensure no connection has a burnt connection

Old 07-31-2017, 01:11 PM
Pspklutch
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kensai
Try reseatng the wire harness on the master switch panel on the driver side. May resolve issue. Inspect the harness when you take it off to ensure no connection has a burnt connection
This.

This seems like something at the master switch. Somehow power isn't making it to go the other direction. But I would guess it's possible to have a bad slave switch do this but I would think it would be the master switch. My left rear switch wouldn't roll the window up but the master switch would. Mine was a faulty rear switch. But since neither will roll yours back up I would go after the master switch or a connection issue at the master switch

Old 08-08-2017, 07:01 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

at this point i too am leaning towards the master switch OR the wiring in between it and the motor having an open in the circuit, you will need a mutlimeter with continuinty to check the wires and make sure there is no open, i would do this before going any further or spending any more mo ney