1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Stuck

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 10:26 PM
Skinnyrick
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuck

03 Durango has po633 code how can I fix the problem it was running fine and then lost power and stalled

Old 08-23-2017, 07:03 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

P0633 SKIM Key Not Programmed in PCM

this is a security code, the system lost programming to your key.

im guessing your key is grey. you could try the other key. . .

IDK if a locksmith could reprogram it or if you have to go the dealer and try. If it doesnt work you will have to replace the module (i believe the CTM reads the SKIM key but mine didnt have the full security key)

Old 08-23-2017, 09:18 AM
JeeperDon
All Star
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Key chips do not involve the CTM. Per the FSM, available on this site, the SKIM reader module is located in the steering column, near the key socket, so it's close to the key when trying to start the vehicle (RFID tech has very limited range). As Bill (shrp) said, it's either a bad key chip or a bad SKIM. If another pre-registered key does not work, you either get it to a dealer. or if it won't drive now, call a locksmith to make a house call.

Old 08-23-2017, 04:03 PM
Compactc9
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, its basically right in front of the ignition tumbler, and has a loop antenna that goes around the chrome disk that has the key slot in it. Should be able to get at it by taking the screws out of the bottom of the steering column cover and taking the top and bottom cover off, if you have to replace it. Could be replaced and then have a locksmith come to program the keys to the new module? Or is this something a dealer computer is needed to connect properly?