1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Rear Brake Line Fitting Nut Size (10mmx1)

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 02:07 AM
fcastro
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Rear Brake Line Fitting Nut Size (10mmx1)

Hi all,

Does anyone know the correct size of the brake line fitting nut that connects to the drum brakes? The other side connects to a junction point above the rear gear box. The size of that nut is 10mmx1 and the flare is a bubble flare (iso). The part that connects to the drum is a double flare. The nut however is not a 10mmx1 which is literally ridiculous. I had to reused the nut from the old flare which pisses me off. Who the hell is engineering these trucks?

The dealer wanted 40 bucks and 33 for the lines I was like get the hell out of here and bent my own out of copper.

Attached Thumbnails Rear Brake Line Fitting Nut Size (10mmx1)-durango-2000-brake-lines-rear.png  
Old 03-27-2018, 01:08 AM
aholeinthewor1d
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fcastro
Hi all,

Does anyone know the correct size of the brake line fitting nut that connects to the drum brakes? The other side connects to a junction point above the rear gear box. The size of that nut is 10mmx1 and the flare is a bubble flare (iso). The part that connects to the drum is a double flare. The nut however is not a 10mmx1 which is literally ridiculous. I had to reused the nut from the old flare which pisses me off. Who the hell is engineering these trucks?

The dealer wanted 40 bucks and 33 for the lines I was like get the hell out of here and bent my own out of copper.

Hey I have a 2000 Durango and I am in the process of replacing all brake lines with nickel copper. Got a the front stuff done and just have to do the main line to the rear and then the two smaller lines to each rear wheel. I actually just today took off those two smaller lines in the rear going to the wheels and noticed they are double flares and the fittings have a pretty large head. I planned on cleaning up the fitting to see it better and taking it to Napa but I figured I would ask if you figured out what size fittings they are? Thanks

Old 03-27-2018, 01:59 AM
fcastro
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember getting M10X1.0 and M12X1.0 fittings I can't remember what went where but those are the sizes I recall. The m12 and m10 are real pains to get, Napa only had 1 I think. I ended up using my old fitting just drilling out the old line and then just grabbing the fitting and putting it on my new tubing as long as you don't damage them when you're pulling them off they're perfectly fine to reuse. I also took a Q-tip and used a little bit of anti-seize on the inside of the fitting before running my tube through it for flaring this way it'll never stick in the future. RockAuto also has all the correct size fittings you just have to know the size and then go into the fitting section. I ended up getting a gauge so I could measure the fittings so that help me out