1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Question bout Bumper Covers

Old 02-05-2019, 11:04 PM
Pspklutch
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZipperStar
Man, that's one Sharp Forest Green Durango. Mine since new is a 99, three piece front bumper on mine. Top cover,, bottom cover,, and a metal bumper beneath, or inside the top cover. The bottom is trash, and I'm surprise it hasn't blown off at high speeds. Mine got smacked so I know what it's made of and the several hard to get to braces underneath.
I replaced mine with junk yard stuff but where the top on mine bolts to the bottom,"both plastic", never mated well so I'm going to do something different.
It looks to me like the Dakota, very strong all steel bumper,"they also have different bumper options", will bolt on to the frame the same, but wont look very sporty, that's for sure.
Iron Bull Bumpers in Grande, truly seems to be top quality and as rugged as one wants with a pleasant appearance.
$1200.00 but you can keep if for a lifetime. Maybe next year for my time to get the one I have picked out. You wont break these and they don't look EIEIO at all. I'm not sure I'll ever get around to doing the rear bumper, just replace it if it ever gets smacked.

Next warm day I'm going to replace the lower core support, or radiator brace, It is slightly bent from the accident, and I had to tweak the new radiator to make it go in to the rubber grommets where it rides. I was able to get the replacement lower support from a friend that had a parts Dakota,"same thing", have to remove headlight buckets, but Dodge makes it easy, and several bolts here and there. That should straighten the 1/4 inch misalignment on the right fender as well I'm hoping. I like things to be lined up where they belong. Still kind of enjoy yanking these Mopar's apart. They just seem to make more since to me compared to a lot of the other ones.
Mine? It's a bit rough but thanks. I bought it with 215k on the clock and it shows in just about every way possible. Almost 270 now. Needs paint, needs matching gears and wheels. Transfer case chain. List goes on, lol. Needs a new motor. All in time I guess

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Question bout Bumper Covers