1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

snap on mt2500 key hunt

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 03:53 PM
deanbw
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default snap on mt2500 key hunt

Hello all, I have a snap on brick I use on my jeep, it's the renix system so no key needed. What I would like to do is use it on my 99 durango 5.9 but I don't know what key I need. My question then is an obvious one....do any of you out there in forum land know the key number needed ? I thank you for reading and any help.

Old 02-12-2019, 10:35 PM
deanbw
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, well I found the correct key for my brick, it is a K13 or K13a if you have a version 2.2, (most are) until you get to the 6.2 upgrade at which point the key is a K22. I have two MT2500 bricks a 2.2 and a 6.2, either are very handy for these older rigs. I don't know if anyone here would ever need this information as it is only useful for things like sensor operation checks,code reading, bi-directional communication and doing the fuel sync operation. I'm just not sure this is the forum for such undertakings, but if by chance there are people here who want to change a cam or even correctly change the cam sensor making sure the sync is correct, you can do it with a MT2500, the correct cartridge and key.

Quick Reply: snap on mt2500 key hunt