1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Installing new seats on gen 1 question

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2020, 08:38 PM
Topjoe2112
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing new seats on gen 1 question

Hello forum. I am new to exploring seat options. I have leather and electric adjust. Still uncomfortable. I would like better seats and want to ask the forum if there is a common upgrade. I am thinking of some 2018 or so Durango thats been totaled with perfect seats that I could just bolt in. Is it better to simply get seat covers? Would love some ideas on upgrading my seats. Thanks for the ideas.

Old 05-07-2020, 11:09 PM
volaredon
Record Breaker
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts

I got lucky, found a super nice set from a 98 in a U pull near by, and they have a 40% off sale around every holiday..... much cheaper than I could get the seat bottom out of my 01 fixed at the upholstery shop for.... got both fronts and the back ("middle" if you have the 3rd row) was a bit off in color but not much, and not noticeable with all 3 being in there..... the driver side bottom is slightly clapped out but nowhere near as bad as the original was..... can feel the ridge on the bottom, just forward of even with where the seat back meets the bottom..... but still much nicer.... no seat heaters, but I never used them anyway, in the original seats... but both 98 seats have the pouches on the backs of the front seats but only the pass side one had it on the originals....
discovered a guy I know thru work, does upholstery "on the side" out of his garage, I took my original driver seat there for him to fix for me, "no hurry".... may put them back in once I get it back or else may sell them at that point.... a ways off from knowing that.....

Quick Reply: Installing new seats on gen 1 question