1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

PCM Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2020, 04:19 PM
JABrosnan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy PCM Replacement

Hey guys, I've found a lot of great information on these threads but I'm still pulling my hair out trying to find a new pcm for my 99 Durango. I sent mine in to get checked out and it's completely trashed. The clear gel that's supposed to be inside was black and chunky... whomever owned this thing before me must have left out some overheating issues. So I'm stuck between remanufactured or used. I've read a lot of bad reviews for most of these companies that claim to offer plug&play pcms, so I'm thinking I may just go the used route unless somebody on here has better information. I read on another thread that I need to make sure the software numbers match, but I'm having a hard time finding that info before buying a used model. I found a place locally that can re-flash whatever used unit I buy, but I'm still not clear on the best path forward. Some people say you don't need to re-flash, others say you do... The previous owner didn't have a key fob for it, so I bought one and had the dealership program it but it only works for door locks, not the alarm, not sure what kind of security system it has, apparently that matters? This is all new to me, so any tips on best course of action from people with actual experience in this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old 09-28-2020, 06:40 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,290 Likes on 3,037 Posts

Try Solo PCM, they seem to have a pretty good track record for both functioning parts, and decent customer support. (on here anyway....)

The following users liked this post:
JABrosnan (09-30-2020)
Old 09-30-2020, 04:56 PM
JABrosnan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll check them out. Thanks for the quick reply!

Quick Reply: PCM Replacement