1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

CCD Bus Troubleshooting - Can't Connect to ABS, CTM, MIC But Can Connect to PCM & TCM

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2021, 01:24 AM
fcastro
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question CCD Bus Troubleshooting - Can't Connect to ABS, CTM, MIC But Can Connect to PCM & TCM

Hi, working on a 2000 Durango 4.7. Recently had my rear brake line burst and system bled out so I need to bleed the ABS system using my DRB-III. A couple of years back I tried connecting to the ABS after a brake job and couldn't connect. I got lucky and the truck didn't turn on its ABS light. Now I need to connect.

Hooked up by witech and connected to DRBIII. I can't connect to the ABS, but also noticed I couldn't connect to the CTM, MIC,VTSS etc. So I am having an issue with the CCD network. I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge or common problems that would cause the CCD network to have issues. I hooked up an oscilloscope to the ABS module and see good square waveforms. That's what got me to then check the rest of the modules.

Truck runs fine and no codes aside from the ABS and brake light now. Speedometer, gauges, cruise control, alarm opens/closes doors.

Using my Autel scanner, I have the same issues connecting to said modules.

Old 05-12-2021, 12:50 PM
Tiktiki
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty sure the 2000+ have a PCI bus, not CCD.
Easiest way to check is behind the OBD port. CCD will have a pair or twisted black/white wires. PCI will have a single yellow/green or green/yellow wire.

You mention DRB3 and wiTech. I assume you are not using an actual DRB3 and run a Micropod clone?
Most clones can't communicate with anything on the PCI bus except the PCM (houses both ECM and TCM).

You need either a genuine Chrysler tool (I went that route) or one of the certified DRB-passthrough devices. Just because you can connect to PCM or even flash it does not mean it will communicate with the rest...

Quick Reply: CCD Bus Troubleshooting - Can't Connect to ABS, CTM, MIC But Can Connect to PCM & TCM