1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Brand new flex plate +TC, Still knocking??

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2021, 07:06 PM
Mikey Cramer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brand new flex plate +TC, Still knocking??

Hi. I have an 02 Durango with the 360 magnum, I recently pulled the tranny and swapped the flex plate and TC while I was there, due to a small crack i spotted and a small tick I noticed. Plate bolts are torqued to 55 ft/lbs, and TC bolts 22.5 Ft/lbs (270 in. Lbs). Everything with blue loctite. The tranny and motor are mated correctly, and it drives very smoothly aside from cable adjustment needed, though the tick is now a knock and I'm not sure why. I replaced the TC bolts with ARP TC bolts, and though I didn't look at them side by side they are said to be the same length on the listing. I don't see anywhere the bolts are hitting, nor the starter teeth. I don't really know where to go from here guys, but this was a ****load of work and I know it can't all be for nothing, there's gotta be something I overlooked. There is a slight wobble in the flex plate, and though I didn't tighten any of them until they were all about snug, maybe there's a torque sequence I dont know about?

Edit: there is no inspection cover on it as well, that's not the cause

Last edited by Mikey Cramer; 05-03-2021 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Left out info
Old 05-03-2021, 08:23 PM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Flex plate wobble sounds odd. If you can't see anything your best bet may be one of those cheap usb inspection cameras that connects to your phone. Have someone turn the motor over by hand and see if you can see anything hitting.

Old 05-12-2021, 12:44 PM
Tiktiki
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pull the fuel pump relay and crank it. If it does not knock, you have a bottom-end rebuild to do...

Quick Reply: Brand new flex plate +TC, Still knocking??