1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Sourcing 08 cams for 4.7

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2021, 08:55 PM
Hippiezombiecow
Amateur
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sourcing 08 cams for 4.7

I blew a headgasket and may have dropped a valve in my 2000 SLT the other day, and I'm in the works of replacing the head gasket and valve lash adjusters, (im barely halfway there) but I was also thinking about upgrading my cams, springs, and rockers for something out of a HO 4.7 or a 2008 4.7. I'm having an extremely hard time finding them in washington state, and was hoping I could get some help finding them (hopefully fairly inexpensively) I've called dozens of salvage yards today alone with no luck, and will be checking craigslist and maybe ebay a little later today. Thank you in advance for any help or tips, or really advice of any kind

Old 06-08-2021, 07:32 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,396 Likes on 3,136 Posts

Car-part.com might be able to come up with something for you. If all you want is the cams, those could likely be shipped for not too much money.

I don't even wanna think about what they would cost new......

Old 06-09-2021, 07:47 PM
Hippiezombiecow
Amateur
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Car-part.com might be able to come up with something for you. If all you want is the cams, those could likely be shipped for not too much money.

I don't even wanna think about what they would cost new......
thank you so much, I've called atleast a dozen more salvage yards today, and got someone to check their database and be able to tell me that they are practically nonexistent in washington state. I'll check them out really quick before I email a couple out of state salvage yards

Quick Reply: Sourcing 08 cams for 4.7