1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

ISO First Gen Durango R/T

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2021, 03:08 PM
nmashburn23
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ISO First Gen Durango R/T

Hi guys. I’m looking for a clean rust free first gen Durango r/t in the Michigan/Ohio/Indiana areas potentially would travel out of those areas for the right one. Not worried to much about miles. Just want it to be clean and rust free. Cash in hand. Thank you!

Old 07-14-2021, 07:31 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,335 Likes on 3,077 Posts

Not gonna find one that's rust free here in the rust belt.

If you want one in GOOD condition, look in the southern/desert states. Find the one you want, and see if there is anyone in the area that will go look at it for you. If it's good, fly down, drive back. There are some good deals to be found that way.... And you are MUCH more likely to find a clean example of what you want there, rather than here. I live in michigan..... and this is what I am going to do when it comes time to replace my current truck.

Old 07-19-2021, 05:06 AM
tshephard
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In case you're still looking - you do know R/T is 99.9% cosmetic, right?
You would be better off to seek a great body and buy the stickers.

Old 07-21-2021, 10:15 PM
JeeperDon
All Star
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tshephard
In case you're still looking - you do know R/T is 99.9% cosmetic, right?
You would be better off to seek a great body and buy the stickers.
It's also seats/interior, AWD t-case, wider wheels and tires, rear axle ratio. I bought my 2001 red R/T new, still have it. You can't just make one with stickers.

Old 07-22-2021, 10:08 AM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 592 Likes on 537 Posts

Originally Posted by nmashburn23
Hi guys. I’m looking for a clean rust free first gen Durango r/t in the Michigan/Ohio/Indiana areas potentially would travel out of those areas for the right one. Not worried to much about miles. Just want it to be clean and rust free. Cash in hand. Thank you!

Lot's of luck finding one in the rust belt. I'm right on the edge. 50 miles north and cars dissolve. 50 miles south you get mostly surface rust. I've bought and sold several vehicles that went north because they were so solid. Another thing to consider, a lot of the performance vehicles get used up.

I've had good luck finding solid cars on the Nashville and Clarksville Tennessee Craigslist sites. The kid lives in Gulfport Ms and you don't want something from down there as the salt water is as bad as the roads up north. Tennessee and northern Alabama and Mississippi and west of the area are where you'll find solid equipment. Keep in mind, the paint might be suffering from sun burn.

I did a quick look on CL and there are a few around, although none say they are an R/T. $3000 and under. If you want something build, lots of candidates. A nice R/T, figure on looking for a while.

Old 10-14-2021, 01:27 PM
willie killagain
Amateur

Hi I'm Willie. I have a 00 5.9 R/T. It's rust free . It has 183.00 miles but sounds and runs great! Last summer I put in a new timing chain ,water pump, and a bunch of small preventive maintenance work to keep Her running strong. Biggest draw back I can see is I'm in S.F. bay area . If interested You can give Me a call and We could go from there.I could then send You some pictures. I've had the truck for 8 yrs now and it's been great no major issues. The truck is black ,and interior silver and blue 925 812-3273 , Willie

Old 10-20-2021, 09:57 AM
willie killagain
Amateur

Williekillagain's 2000 5.9 R/T 2WD, Custom Conversion.

Original ,Paint,and wheels Clean & Rust free inside &Out

Anything worth while is worth going that extra mile... You get what You pay for.

Old 10-26-2021, 10:44 AM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Willie,

Just curious, you mentioned 2WD, All 1st gen R/T's that I know of are AWD vehicles?? Noticed nice dual exhaust upgrade...

Old 10-27-2021, 10:25 AM
willie killagain
Amateur

Originally Posted by Kensai
Willie,

Just curious, you mentioned 2WD, All 1st gen R/T's that I know of are AWD vehicles?? Noticed nice dual exhaust upgrade...
Hi Here in Ca, the area where I live, its all flat lands and city streets so I just disconnected the 4WD It can be changed back over with no problem. that is all I meant. The dual exhaust gives the truck a one of a kind sound and more power, very nice.

Quick Reply: ISO First Gen Durango R/T