1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Deteriorating headliner

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2023, 10:57 AM
theresajengle
Amateur
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you

Last edited by theresajengle; 07-19-2023 at 11:05 AM.
Old 07-19-2023, 11:02 AM
theresajengle
Amateur

THANX.. I Think that i will try the junk yard first

Old 07-19-2023, 11:09 AM
Dodgevity
Champion
Received 379 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by theresajengle
THANX.. I Think that i will try the junk yard first
If you've got u-pull-its near you, take a hammer or lug tool along and break the rear glass for easy removal.

Be careful in making sure that the overhead console cutout will match with yours. There are a few different versions.

The following users liked this post:
theresajengle (07-19-2023)
Old 07-19-2023, 11:30 AM
theresajengle
Amateur

Originally Posted by Dodgevity
If you've got u-pull-its near you, take a hammer or lug tool along and break the rear glass for easy removal.

Be careful in making sure that the overhead console cutout will match with yours. There are a few different versions.
will do. thanx

Old 07-19-2023, 09:06 PM
theresajengle
Amateur

I went to the junk yard today & found a car with a headliner in perfect condition. I was able to remove all of it except the sun visors & the handles because to take them off I needed an allen type wrench (6 star). so I came home & borrowed the tool needed & I will be going back tomorrow & should be able to remove it & it should fit perfectly. As far as I can see, it should be easy-peasy. I will know tomorrow. Thank you for your help

Old 07-20-2023, 09:01 AM
Dodgevity
Champion
Received 379 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by theresajengle
I went to the junk yard today & found a car with a headliner in perfect condition. I was able to remove all of it except the sun visors & the handles because to take them off I needed an allen type wrench (6 star). so I came home & borrowed the tool needed & I will be going back tomorrow & should be able to remove it & it should fit perfectly. As far as I can see, it should be easy-peasy. I will know tomorrow. Thank you for your help
Hopefully you don't have a quad cab. I had a rough time getting mine in. I ended up pulling out all the seats, which I had to do anyway cause I was installing a sound system and had to run wires.

Old 08-07-2023, 04:35 PM
theresajengle
Amateur

i was able to find a headliner at the junk yard & carefully removed it, it being so fragile, I carried it & carefully put it in my car to bring it home, a little cramped but successful with no damage, the next day i was able to install it very easily, & by myself. Im a happy camper!! thank you, now to the next issue to deal with concerning my car. I understand, being that the car is 23 years old with over 314,000 miles on it, I will always have something needed to do for it. lol THANK YOU FOR THE HELP

The following users liked this post:
Dodgevity (08-07-2023)