1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

universal garage door opener

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 09:51 PM
joer6
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default universal garage door opener

i just purchased a 2003 durango, and i am having trouble programing the universal garage door opener to work with my electric garage door mechanism. the brand name of my electric door opener is electrlift and it looks old. this is my first post and hope to have many more of good things. any help would be great. i was just wondering if the owner manual was leaving anything out that anybody else has tried. thanks

Old 02-19-2006, 03:07 AM
Last Of The R/Ts
Record Breaker
Default RE: universal garage door opener

If I remember correctly, you hold the two outer buttons until the light blinks. Then you hold the button of your choice and press the garage door opener so that it can catch the code. You have to make sure the garage door opener does not use the "rolling code" sequence. Basically this is a technique that most garage door openers use so that someone could not do exactly what you are trying to do, scan and catch the frequency for your opener.

Old 05-04-2006, 12:51 AM
columbusgeek
Default RE: universal garage door opener

Old post I know.

It is useful to know that it takes 20 seconds of pressing the outside buttons for it to reset. Its not required that to do this step either.

When you go to step 2, you will see the indicator light flash faster when the code is properly learned. Then you can release the buttons and bask in the glow of how clever you are....

...or pass out and die because you left your truck running and the carbon monoxide is about to kill you.

Quick Reply: universal garage door opener