1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Exaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 02:38 AM
Yellow Runner
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exaust

iv got a ? about teh axaust on the durango, its a 1999 modle I was wondering if it is to new of a modle to cut the converter off cause i wont it true dualed insted of Y piped its a 1999 dodge Durnago with the 360 5.9l v8 there is no o2 sensor in the converter just after it if i remeber right i figured you could cut it off and leave the o2 sensor in the pipe but i dunno any tips are needed thanks.

Old 03-23-2006, 02:54 AM
rob[GL]
All Star
Default RE: Exaust

You need to go back to school and learn how to spell.

IF there *IS* and o2 sensor after the CAT, then you're pretty much **** Out of Luck, you could replace it with a straight pipe, but then the o2 sensor would throw a code, because the exhaust gas would not be converted.

Old 03-23-2006, 10:49 PM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you have to wait until you hit the 10 year mark before you can "legally" take it off.

Rob[GL], why are such and a-hole? Is it something you have to work hard on, or is it just a natural state of mind?

Old 03-23-2006, 10:59 PM
shnormo
Veteran

I wouldn't go as far as to cut off your cats. LIke he said the O2 Sensors would throw a code... and according to autozon http://autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker...TER&PageSync=4 you have an O2 sensor after the the cat. As far as dual exhaust, cut the catyltic converter out and run two separate high flow ones so you don't **** up your computer.

Old 03-24-2006, 12:59 PM
rob[GL]
All Star

ORIGINAL: DakotaStone

I think you have to wait until you hit the 10 year mark before you can "legally" take it off.

Rob[GL], why are such and a-hole? Is it something you have to work hard on, or is it just a natural state of mind?
I don't see how I am an *******. Just because we're on the internet is no excuse for poor grammar and/or spelling. If I can barely read what someone is trying to say, then I'm going to mention it. It's people who don't take the time to type things out correctly that make the internet a terrible place to be. On top of that I answered his question quite concisely, and correctly.

Old 03-24-2006, 11:45 PM
MGDMike
Champion

rob[GL]-
I'm not the best person at spelling nor am I great at all the rules of grammar... but before you run your mouth off again I'm going to highlight some of your errors that you so politely like to poke at other members for, ready?
source: https://dodgeforum.com/m_377644/tm.htm
Okay, I think you're getting defensive, and I'm not trying to aggrivate anybody here. I'll just live with it. Or not, and keep my mouth shut.
Also, in writing, its more grammatically correct to use irritate.
source: https://dodgeforum.com/m_425971/mpag.../tm.htm#426358
Congratulations on the purchase.

Maybe it's just the quality of the photos,
Where's the rest of the sentence?

Rob, if you want to be taken seriously for a nice guy then lay off the holier than thou attitude. I'm done looking for more because I don't have enough time in the day to keep posting what you, how did you say it? "It's people who don't take the time to type things out correctly that make the internet a terrible place to be." So instead of telling folks to get back to school maybe you should critique your work as well.
P.S.: I could give a rats @ss what you say about my writing and grammar, I know I'm not the best and I never will say I am either.

Old 05-23-2006, 05:41 PM
Yellow Runner
All Star

plus btw about that who gives a f-ck about the spelling? looks like you understood everything well and you still didnt even know what you was talking about either, cause i cut them off and well it didnt even throw a code run and acts the same and still drinks gas like it did.

Old 05-23-2006, 10:19 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Ok guy's. I agree with Rob!

I like to understand what I am reading. I try to fully grasp the question at hand before I give my input. The question was very hard to make out and I would probably say the same thing. (I know I would, but that's not the point)
The thing is it sounds like some kid got on the forum on his dad's account. But to answer his question don't touch the Y pipe. Leave it the same and just do a high flow catalatic converter and single it out in 3 inch. That will be plenty.

P.S. Spell check is nice and it should be used if you want your question answered.

Old 05-24-2006, 01:44 AM
1 bad durango
Professional

i have an 01 true duals ,,,NO CATS and no check engine light all you need is a cat box,you simply cut the wire off from the rear o2 sensor and wire it up to the box it will trick the computer into thinking you have an o2 sensor,i live outside atlanta and i have to go through smog test every year ,,,no problems yet. oh yea if you have done mild mods then go with what hydroshocker said,high flow cat and single 3 inch

Old 05-25-2006, 09:21 PM
Yellow Runner
All Star

i just got my o2 sensors welded into my pipe, im planning on putting some flowmaster super 40s or the hush power 2 they both have a nice sound to them.

Quick Reply: Exaust