1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Durango Mods Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 10:56 AM
PJ2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Durango Mods Help

New to the Forum but found some great stuff on here already. Have an 01 Durango, 5.9L SLT+. OEM stuff is geeting old. Over 60K miles. Want to do shocks, exhaust and something to make the shifts a little crisper. Want to keep it very stock looking ( like a sleeper). Any advice on what works and what doesnt would be appreciated. Was thinking flowmaster 50 series SUV muffler and KYB monotubes. This is a street ride only, zero off road. Tranny, no idea?

Old 03-29-2006, 02:14 AM
1 bad durango
Professional
Default RE: Durango Mods Help

i too have an 01 slt i have dynoed my truck every time i did an up grade ,my suggetsions are as follow 1) cold air intake (look on ebay for good deals) 2) headers and true dual exhaust (i have an edelbrock headers and high flow cats with flowmaster 40s sounds awsome with just those two mods you should see at least 19 hp to the wheels next, 3)ignition system i use a mallory digital with a msd hvc2 coil ,(throttle response is wicked ,only saw 3 hp on the dyno but every little bit helps) 4)go to a 52 mm throttle body this will compliment the intake and exhaust (good for about 9 hp at 5600 rpm)5)trans use a b&m shift kit for firm shifts,then step up to a 2000 rpm stall or as high as 2800 rpm stall converter,(only go hi if you swap cam and heads)but mine has a 2800 rpm stall and it feel like a stick when you drop the clutch if you floor it,hope this helps

Old 03-29-2006, 02:44 AM
henry75
Veteran
Default RE: Durango Mods Help

this is prolly a dumb question. what rpm does the D come stock with in a stall converter. and it HAs to be a pain in the *** to change.

Quick Reply: Durango Mods Help