1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

New D 2006

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 03:27 AM
Dargen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New D 2006

Looking to buy my 2nd D and I have some questions on the 5.7 vrs 4.7. (2nd Durango prev is 4.7 and will be keeping it).
Wife will drive
Is there a big dif in the 5.7 hemi vrs the 4.7?
Is there a good site for the invoice ver dealer? I am getting the 0 % until oct but not sure on the price.
truck is 5.7 (28g)
tow pkg
3rd seat bench
dvd player
running boards
silver
You all know Dealer is saying last day to decide... need to make sale be end of month ... will the deals get better? should i wait...I got the first one in Dec and got a great deal.
Any advise will be cool
Thanks

Old 03-29-2006, 09:31 AM
jasonwyo
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New D 2006

First off there is a huge difference between the 5.7L and 4.7L. Power, fuel mileage, and pleasure of driving is all there. Not surprisingly, the Hemi gets the same or better mileage than the 4.7L. I have the Hemi in my 2004 without MDS and I can get 20mpg doing 75 on the interstate. Hemi should be your only choice.

0% + deal is the best your ever going to get on interest rates. Around may or june you might see some increased rebates when DCX is trying to clear the 06 models for the 07 models, but they'll be charging at least 4% interest. My opinion, when someone else is letting you use their money for free, better take advantage of it.

www.msn.com if you look under the auto section, they have a part where you price out vehicle with options and it show you a side by side comparision between invoice and msrp. Its actually really close to what you would expect to see on the actual invoice.

Quick Reply: New D 2006