1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

VTSS Security

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 02:15 AM
AKDurango
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VTSS Security

Hello from ALASKA,

I have a 2001 Dodge Durango SLT. There seems to be a problem with the factory security system. When you lock the doors using either the key FOB or the electric door switch the alarm begins sounding after fifteen seconds. I know a guy with a factory scanner, and we plugged it in and can't find anything wrong fault codes or otherwise. The scanner will not let us disable the VTSS either. I was hoping to disable the VTSS. We also cannot find any problems with the sentry key system. With the scanner we found an area under the misc. menu that has an enable VTSS and when we click on that it says VTSS enabled can't find anywhere to disable the system. However when we go into the VTSS menu the scanner say no system found or something to that affect. I heard this thing can be put into dealer mode, but we couldn't figure out how. I can't figure out what else to do. The dealer had me replace the micro switches on the back of the lock selenoids, but it did nothing. I have no dealer on the island I live on, and don't know what else to do. Does anybody know what other sensors are involved with the factory security system. How can I get this disabled.

Thanx,

Kris
Ketchikan, AK

Old 03-30-2006, 01:29 PM
Digitoxin
Professional
Default RE: VTSS Security

You might try disabling each door latch/ lock one at a time by removing the door panel and unplugging it to determine if it is a fault in one of the latches. It can cause the alarm to think a door has been opened. You may be able to see the latch data perimeters in a scanner also and see if they all are in closed position.
Hope this helps.

Old 08-20-2010, 09:03 AM
jennypatel

It is really difficult to disable the VTSS Security , you must have replace the BCM. So, you must repalce the BCM in order to disable the VTSS security. BCM is Located in dash just right of the glove box inside the dash area.

Old 08-21-2010, 01:21 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

His 2001 has a CTM, not a BCM and it is in the drivers side kick panel, not the pass side like a 98.

Also, this thread is over 4.5 YEARS OLD! LOL. My guess is that he has it figured out by now.

IndyDurango

Quick Reply: VTSS Security