1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Performance Accessories Body Lift

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 06:47 PM
robust57
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Accessories Body Lift

I was curious if anyone else has attempted or has put the 3 inch body lift from performance accessories onto their 1st gen D. I am hoping to get around to putting mine on probably in a week or so. I was wondering if anyone ran into any issues with the lift when doing it themselves. Please let me know of any unforseen complications.

Thanks.

Old 04-15-2006, 06:26 PM
mtndewnut
Rookie
Default RE: Performance Accessories Body Lift

I have. It's a piece of cake. The hardest part is getting the bumpers back on. The only thing I say to be careful of is make sure all things (wires, brake lines, etc...) that are connected to body and the frame are disconnected. Also.... the air cleaner housing should be taken off and repositioned. It will work without doing that, but, it bends the hose pretty severely. The other thing I had a bit of trouble with was the fuel filler line extention. It was kinda big and really tough to get into the existing hose. Other than that ... no real problems at all.

Before and After

Old 04-21-2006, 08:59 PM
robust57
Rookie
Default RE: Performance Accessories Body Lift

Excellent pictures, nice looking D too, which mine was green. I take it you have a suspension lift too, if so what size and make did you go with? The areas you indicated where issue areas where exactly were my doubts were at. Thanks a ton.

Quick Reply: Performance Accessories Body Lift