1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

loud squeak on bumps

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 02:20 AM
duff73
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: loud squeak on bumps

My 2000 is doing the squeaking thing too. How hard is it to replace the bushings? How much do the parts cost?

Old 05-15-2007, 02:33 AM
cstradling24
Default RE: loud squeak on bumps

Maybe $30 or $40 max for the bushings and if you can get under the car, or better yet lift the car up a little so you have room to work you onlytake outa few bolts and you have it off,[*]Remove the stabilizer bar retainer bolts from the lower suspension arms and remove the retainers.[*]Remove the stabilizer bar retainer nuts, bolts and retainers from the frame crossmember and remove the bar.[*]If necessary, remove the bushings from the stabilizer bar.
[ol][/ol]
INSTALLATION[*]If removed, install the bushings on the stabilizer bar.[*]Position the stabilizer bar on the frame crossmember brackets and install the retainers and nuts and bolts finger-tight. NOTE: Check the alignment of the bar to ensure there is no interference with the either frame rail or chassis component. Spacing should be equal on both sides.[*]Install the stabilizer bar to the lower suspension arm.[*]Install the retainers and bolts to the lower suspension arm and tighten to 34 Nm (26 ft. lbs.) .[*]Tighten the frame retainer nuts to 190 Nm (140 ft. lbs.) .[*]Tighten the frame retainer bolts to 108 Nm (80 ft. lbs.) .
[ol][/ol]

Old 07-08-2010, 08:57 PM
RunnerMatt
Rookie

So, I see this is an old thread, but I can't seem to find the answer to my question. Mine started squeaking pretty bad on speed bumps and I figure it is the sway bar bushings and I'm gonna change them out... good starting place and only 15 bucks. Can't beat that. But, what I wanna know is what size bushings do I order? Is it 33mm or something else? Anyone else remember the size they bought for a 2000 5.9SLT 4x4?

Quick Reply: loud squeak on bumps