1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

shops and questions...

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 09:15 PM
asajadi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shops and questions...

Hey guys..I'm new to the forum, so Hello to everyone. I have a question, my 02 Durango 4x4 has been overheating recently while in traffic and the A/C on low....now, I overheat regardless of whether the A/C is on or off....and I get a loud roar out of the engine on throttle until about 30 mph....Any ideas? I just took it in for a coolant flush, the truck's got 55K miles on it, and thinking that I only had the dealer to trust here, the techs at the Dodge dealership were quoting me outrageous prices for maintenance....45K service = $450.00, FAIS (whatever the hell that means) = $250.00, belts(new) = $160.00....I need a good and fair mechanic in Chicago, IL and fast...any recommendations?

I appreciate any and all help and I'm open to any suggestions..Thanks!

Ali

Old 06-19-2006, 03:06 AM
Digitoxin
Professional
Default RE: shops and questions...

ORIGINAL: asajadi

Hey guys..I'm new to the forum, so Hello to everyone. I have a question, my 02 Durango 4x4 has been overheating recently while in traffic and the A/C on low....now, I overheat regardless of whether the A/C is on or off....and I get a loud roar out of the engine on throttle until about 30 mph....Any ideas? I just took it in for a coolant flush, the truck's got 55K miles on it, and thinking that I only had the dealer to trust here, the techs at the Dodge dealership were quoting me outrageous prices for maintenance....45K service = $450.00, FAIS (whatever the hell that means) = $250.00, belts(new) = $160.00....I need a good and fair mechanic in Chicago, IL and fast...any recommendations?

I appreciate any and all help and I'm open to any suggestions..Thanks!

Ali

If your 02 is like my 03 Durango, you have electric fans on the radiator, and a clutch fan. The clutch fan is probably making the roar noise. I would check if your electric fans are coming on correctly. And check for debri in the front of your radiator.

Old 06-19-2006, 02:36 PM
asajadi

Thanks for the reply Digitoxin...I'll look into it today and let you know!

Ali

Old 06-19-2006, 04:03 PM
740ia

Sorry to be so negative here but....there are no good Dodge Service departments, atleast that I have found. Stay away from Naperville Dodge and find youself a good Indy shop and get it fixed right the first time!

Quick Reply: shops and questions...