1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Definetely Thankful!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 02:32 AM
oRIVESo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Definetely Thankful!

I purchased my 1999 Durango 4X4 about 11 days ago. 102,000 miles on it but I talked the dealer down to 7K after TTL and I've always been a dodge guy. For the last 4 years I've been driving a 2000 Ram 1500 Sport and have never once had a single problem with it, the only problem I ever had was on June 1st of this year when a fat lady decided she did not need to yield and I slammed my truck into her...only owed $1500 on it too.

But I saw the durango, all options, bright silver with black leather and a wood grain dash, had to buy it. OF course after owning it for 20 minutes the resivoir hose from the radiator came off due to faulty water pump aannddd onto a flatbed back to the dealership I went lol. Everything has been running fine after a few fixes(water pump, all new hoses, thermostat, seals and gaskets replaced, and one or two other things free of charge). Today I had a little extra time so I put a new CD player in it, 4 new door speakers, and 2 10' Kicker L7 subs with a 1400 Watt Crunch Amp - you know - 20 minute job

Since I had to disconnect the neg term on the battery installing the new stereo toys, the CEL has come on, obviously I had reset the computer. However I didnt realize this until reading through this forum and learning a little more about a good truck with retarded sensors on it. I thought it had gone to **** because I have noticed the little throttle jumps and the engine reving high without the truck moving much thinking it was a ****ty transmission.

Hopefully with a few sensor changes and everything will be back to normal - I appreciate all the help and experience I recieved just by reading about everyone else's problems/fixes.

Once again, thanks. Hope to be apart of the forum for as long as it's around - problem free that is

Quick Reply: Definetely Thankful!