1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

1998 Durango ABS Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 02:17 PM
stingray0353
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 Durango ABS Problems

I've read a lot about the ABS Brake Light going on and the related problems, but has anyone out there had this problem? My ABS kicks in on dry pavement when coming to a stop at a light with just a light touch on the brake pedal. It's even kicked on when driving down the street. I've had the sensors changed twice in a year as well as the ABS Modem, had the front brakes totally replaced, the rear brakes deglazed with drums turned and now the dealer says it might be my older tires. Every time I've taken the car in it's cost me $250.00 to as much as $500.00 I keep telling these so called mechanics the SENSORS are bad and they say diognostics tells them nothing is wrong with the sensors. My ABS light has never gone on. This whole thing has totally soured me on buying another Chrysler. It's like instead of them admitting there is a problem with the sensors, they keep fixing other things to recoup there losses on the sensor charges. Or maybe all the dealers out there suck and have no clue as to how to figure out what's wrong.

Quick Reply: 1998 Durango ABS Problems