srch4me
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

alright... lol.. i see your point...

Old 10-04-2011, 09:51 PM
laz45
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeeah....But then you CAN hook up a kiiler lookin leaf blower to it and force the air through all those turns.....Right ??

Old 10-04-2011, 10:01 PM
adukart
Record Breaker
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by laz45
Yeeah....But then you CAN hook up a kiiler lookin leaf blower to it and force the air through all those turns.....Right ??
LMAO.......You could but with these engines that leaf blower would barely make a difference if not be an obstruction.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:20 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by laz45
WHere can I find the tsb hydra,I want to read it....I know about the coolant issue in regards to change intervals and the effects of older coolant on the head gaskets and timing chain cover..is that the one you're referring to?
Google " TSB 09-01-00 Rev A " however here is a copy for you:

NUMBER: 09-01-00 Rev A

GROUP: Engine

EFFECTIVE DATE: Sept. 11, 2000

THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN 09-01-00, DATED
FEB. 18, 2000, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. THIS IS A
COMPLETE REVISION AND NO ASTERISKS HAVE BEEN USED TO HIGHLIGHT
REVISIONS.

SUBJECT:
Foamy Oil Emulsion Accumulation Inside The 4.7L Engine Oil Fill Housing
OVERVIEW:

This bulletin involves the installation of a baffle and a revised oil fill housing cap.

MODELS:
2000 (AN) Dakota
2000 (DN) Durango
1999 – 2000 (WJ) Grand Cherokee

NOTE: THIS BULLETIN APPLIES TO VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH A 4.7L ENGINE.

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
A customer may complain of an oil emulsion accumulation inside the engine oil fill housing.
The oil emulsion will normally be foamy and be gray or light brown in color.
The emulsion accumulation will often occur on cooler engine surfaces, like the inside of the
oil fill housing. Modern engine oils are designed to address the oil emulsion phenomenon.
Oil emulsion accumulation is normal and will not damage the engine
A new baffle and a revised oil fill housing cap have been released. The baffle and oil cap
will help to reduce the amount of oil emulsion accumulation within the oil fill housing.

DIAGNOSIS:
If the customer has experienced this issue, then perform the Repair

Procedure.
PARTS REQUIRED:
1 53032126AA Baffle, Oil Fill Housing
1 53032389AC Cap, Oil Fill Housing

REPAIR PROCEDURE:
1. Remove old oil fill housing cap.
2. Remove any foamy oil emulsion from the inside of the oil fill housing with a clean
cloth.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:28 PM
laz45
Veteran

Awesome...TY hydra....

Old 10-05-2011, 10:59 PM
samnbensdad
Captain

I finally did this mod to my D. It was actually a PITA. On my '02 with a 5.9L, there is very little room between the radiator and the passenger headlight due to the a/c lines. But, with a little enginuity (and 3 beers), I made it work.

For those of you with this mod... do you have any problems with automatic car washes? I have a feeling my engine would not appreaciate an internal bubble bath. (I have the oiled air filter, but it may be no match for hot suds).

Old 10-06-2011, 04:45 PM
srch4me
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

even if it does restrict the flow a bit i might make one for it that i just put on when offroading and take off the rest of the time.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:59 PM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by samnbensdad
I finally did this mod to my D. It was actually a PITA. On my '02 with a 5.9L, there is very little room between the radiator and the passenger headlight due to the a/c lines. But, with a little enginuity (and 3 beers), I made it work.

For those of you with this mod... do you have any problems with automatic car washes? I have a feeling my engine would not appreaciate an internal bubble bath. (I have the oiled air filter, but it may be no match for hot suds).
someone mentioned that they would just shut off the engine while in the car wash so that it wouldn't suck in any water

Old 10-06-2011, 09:07 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Beer rocks!

Anyway, I never shut mine off and in fact I even hit the gas a few times with no issues. However soap would break down the oil on the filter so maybe it would be a good idea not to hit the gas when the soap is fly'in.

Old 10-10-2011, 01:02 AM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do you have any problems with automatic car washes? I have a feeling my engine would not appreaciate an internal bubble bath. (I have the oiled air filter, but it may be no match for hot suds).

Personally, i use the old fashioned way of getting out of you vehicle and doing it by hand with the foam brush and the spray gun....no issues yet! (sorry had to be a smartass)

Quick Reply: Homemade Ram Air!