1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Carseat Latch in the 2003?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 06:27 PM
renee
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carseat Latch in the 2003?

Hi. I was wondering if anyone knew if the 2003 Durangos had latch for carseats? We've got a 2002 that I love, but due to an expanding family, want to get one with a third row. Everyone keeps telling us to get another minivan, but I'd rather not.

Also... if the 2003s do have latch, can you put in 3 carseats in the second row? (Yes, three in carseats, we had twins.)

Thanks!
Renee

Old 09-08-2006, 07:23 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Carseat Latch in the 2003?

Welcome to the site! Check it out you can pick up a 3rd row for the Durango you already have it will bolt right into the storage area that you have now. I think the seat would run you a little over $100 at a junkyard then you would just need a seatbelt assembly which you could get at a junkyard as well or Dodge. As far as the latches you're talking about would that be anchor points? I think you just anchor the seats to the floor of the truck where the seats are bolted. 3 carseats would be a squeeze but I believe it's very possible. I have 2 of my own and there's enough room for one more. Also you can pick up seatbelt lockinig clips so that you don't have to strap the seats down the way you want to. It would be a lot easier in my opinion. Have fun with those twins I could only imagine what kinds of trouble they're giving you.

Quick Reply: Carseat Latch in the 2003?