1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

AAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 03:42 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: AAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

At least people spitting on other people's windshield don't happen too often in Texas. Either they be shot or beat to death. I suppose alot of people are carrying concealed handguns in Texas so any non-texan's wanting to spit on a texan better be prepared to lay 6 feet under.

Old 09-12-2006, 12:22 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You wouldn't mind coming up here for a few days would ya Ken? Maybe you can weed a few of these guys out. LOL

Old 09-12-2006, 12:53 AM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If I were living up there dealing with those northerner folks, I'd be in jail already for shooting people! We Texans have too much pride and we are mostly friendly folk. But we don't take much to people acting like that and at times, we may chase them to the ends of the earth to give them their just desserts with a piece of lead.

As long as I been living in the DFW area, I don't see much road rage like I used to, especially with the passing of legally carrying a handgun. I remember the first year that bill was passed in Texas, already one altercation popped up on DFW highways. A little fender bender, and a person just went ballistic and starting pounding on the other driver's car and then starting hitting the driver window with his fist until he broke thru the window. Then the driver in that car pulled out his handgun and shot him dead on the spot. The driver was never charged as he was within his right to use lethal force to protect himself once a person breaks into your private space. You just don't want to chance pissing someone off that may possibly have a loaded weapon. Last year, we already had way too many shooting deaths on the DFW highways problaby over something stupid as someone cutting someone off due to bad behavior driving. But this year it has been good so far. Worst one was a arguement and fight in some bar in DFW and then the dude took off and the other dudes went chasing after him driving in their cars. Once the chasers caught up with him, he took out a AK47 and emptied a full clip or two on the other car killing him. All this occured during a high speed chase across DFW freeways at night. Car was withered with holes and crashed into the medium and the chasers fled the scene. Talk about something like this you only see in movies. Alot of witnesses saw what happen and the police and feds finally caught the people responsible.

When I am driving my D, I usually just have to swallow my pride and let them past thru, it's not worth damaging my D over something like that but if they do something as far as physically touching my d, then all heck will break loose. I gotta buy myself one of those super heavy duty brush guards to mount on the front of my D to use as a battering ram if the time ever comes to use it! haha.

Old 09-12-2006, 01:34 AM
Mean Green
Champion

Talk about something like this you only see in movies.
I was thinking more along the lines of games like GTA . I was born in Dallas in Parkland hospital and have been through there when I was 10 It's not too shabby but still a little humid in areas. This posting actually just reminded me of my first day in AZ. I was 10 and my mother was trying to find my brothers house and she didn't hear a fire engine over the traffic so she stayed in her lane and once she realized the engine was there it was too late to do anything about it. This guy pulls up on the passenger side of our car after it passed and tells me to roll down the window so she does and he proceeds to tell her off about how "WE" drive, we being Arizonans. That WE get out of the way for fire engines and all that and calls her all kinds of names including "Country C***" because of our KY plates. All of this in front of a 10, 9, and 8 year old I was traumatized LOL. In all of my 11 years in AZ that was the only time anyone was lousy in front of me. Since moving here I have had about 4 altercations and been rearended 3 times (Stuck in traffic every time and only nudged but still WTF dont' you see me?!?!). [:@] Oh and hit on the driver side door in Manhattan traffic my first week here.

Old 09-14-2006, 10:06 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

WOW Green!

I think I would rather put a bullet between my ears then move there.

Old 09-14-2006, 11:02 PM
Mean Green
Champion

Yeah pretty much. The only reason we came here was to get back on our feet. I couldn't find work out in AZ that paid well enough to have both food and rent paid at the same time so we came here and my in-laws helped us get back on our feet. We both got decent paying jobs but even though we make more $ here than anywhere else we've been it all goes out with a higher cost of living (and the fact that my wife had to have a brand new car ). Since I'm miserable here my wife and I decided we should go back out west and take a chance at getting lower paying jobs where at least we'll be happier and it's a lot better environment for our kids. There was NO WAY they were going to go to public schools out here.

Old 09-17-2006, 12:13 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

No doubt. I wouldn't want my kids to go to school there.[:'(]