1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Just bought a Durango

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 03:17 PM
Big Durango
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought a Durango

2000, black, 4wd, SLT+ with a gas-gulping 5.9.

I'll try to get pictures up soon.

Old 09-22-2006, 11:26 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Just bought a Durango

Welcome to the family!

Old 09-23-2006, 03:16 AM
Jpondo5.9
Professional

Nice 2000 SLT+ own this thread.. black I like.. how many miles did you buy it with.. 5.9 is my baby and tonight I smoked a kid in his 2004 1500 chev with the manual v8 and hahaha the kid could not drive I smoked him.. any ways welcome happy driving.. JP

Old 09-23-2006, 09:38 AM
Big Durango

ORIGINAL: Jpondo5.9

Nice 2000 SLT+ own this thread.. black I like.. how many miles did you buy it with.. 5.9 is my baby and tonight I smoked a kid in his 2004 1500 chev with the manual v8 and hahaha the kid could not drive I smoked him.. any ways welcome happy driving.. JP

It has 84K and change. Not bad considering I got it for almost $3K LESS than NADA's list price. I take it this morning to have a scrape mark on the front bumper and on the left back quarter panel fixed.

The only problems I've discovered with it thus far is the cruise doesn't work and I need to find a center cap for one of the wheels. (20 bucks at the local Dodge dealership)

Other than that, this is my baby! She purrs like a kitten. I'm going to look into some gas-saving mods down the road such as the K and N air filter, etc. First priority will be a grill and headlight guard to give it that extra intimidation-factor.

Old 09-24-2006, 01:30 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, as a 2000 D 5.9L, I better jump in too! Congrats on your purchase.

Here is my CarDomain site with pics (same pix as posted here I think, but the pics here are hard to get back to IMHO)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2370660

Let me know what you think and I'll waiting for your pix too!

IndyDurango

Old 09-24-2006, 11:36 AM
Big Durango

Thanks ID! You have one sweet looking Durango. It's been raining like water from a bucket here, so I'm holding off on making pics until I can get some sun.

I do have a question about the grill inserts you have. I've seen two different types for sale. One type replaces the existing grill completely, while the other fits over it. Seems to me, the type that fits over the existing grill limits air intake. What do you think?

Old 09-24-2006, 02:15 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

ORIGINAL: Jpondo5.9

No Jpondo [sm=admin.gif]
Welcome to the forum. I just love my truck

Old 09-24-2006, 10:31 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Big Durango

Thanks ID! You have one sweet looking Durango. It's been raining like water from a bucket here, so I'm holding off on making pics until I can get some sun.

I do have a question about the grill inserts you have. I've seen two different types for sale. One type replaces the existing grill completely, while the other fits over it. Seems to me, the type that fits over the existing grill limits air intake. What do you think?
The ones I have, while being a huge PITA to install, replaced the existing black plastic OEM fins. You just sorta pop out the factory parts and throw them away. On the replacements, I have the Speed Grilles by Street Scene brushed aluminum version... all 4 parts up top and all 4 parts on the bottom. Once installed, they have been perfect and problem free for the last year.

I too thought there would be a cooling issue... nothing to note and so far so good.

Here is a link to them... available in chrome, black chrome & brushed

http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts....ne&brandid=103

Thanks for the kind words re: my D!

IndyD

Quick Reply: Just bought a Durango