1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Cigarette Lighter Socket

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 11:51 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

There is 2 separate fuses. Yes it's doable fix but check to see if the fuses are bad or if it's just a plug malfunction.

Old 02-02-2010, 12:33 AM
tm985
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hydrashocker
There is 2 separate fuses. Yes it's doable fix but check to see if the fuses are bad or if it's just a plug malfunction.
Hopefully that Haynes book is descriptive

Old 02-03-2010, 10:18 AM
JustChillinUnno

Ahhh i am sooo happy i found this forum, i blew out my center console outlet on a road trip on the 28th, drove 2000 miles with only my cig lighter outlet working. It was a power inverter that blew them out! So no laptop, or cell phone charging made a long drive! I have been looking for days on location of these fuses, you all have saved me a crap load in dealership fees!

Old 08-02-2010, 08:45 AM
brossow

Originally Posted by BeachBoy
Yep, I had the same problem. The fuse for the Aux. plug is on the BACK SIDE of the fuse panel. To get to it, pretty much put your head on the brake pedal and look left. If you have girly hands like me, you should be able to reach it. I think there are four fuses there for some reason.
I feel really dumb, but I can't find these fuses on my '01 Durango R/T. Having the same problem as others -- cig lighter works but other three power outlets are dead. Are you saying these fuses are actually on the back side of the same power block you see under the fuse panel cover on the side of the dash? All I could see up there was a rat's nest of wiring going into the block. Any specific info would be greatly appreciated! Hard to take a road trip like last weekend and have to decide what's gonna get charged -- the GPS, my phone, etc. (Yeah, I could buy a splitter, but didn't have time and shouldn't have to.)

Thanks,
Brent

Old 08-03-2010, 01:10 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

It is not on the back of the regular fuse panel but a smaller panel BEHIND the main fuse panel. You might have to take out the main fuse panel to get to it.

Old 08-03-2010, 01:15 PM
brossow

I found pictures elsewhere and my '01 R/T definitely does not have this "extra" panel of fuses. From something I read in yet another forum, it seems this changed for 2001+ models.

Old 08-03-2010, 03:18 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

Well, unless you can find it in a different place it must be there so I don't know what to tell you. The power outlet ports are 20 amp where the cig outlet is only 15 amps so therefore they MUST be on different fuses not to mention many people have found it. When the power outlet port fuses blow the cig is still functional angain ensuring a different panel and again other people have found it?

Old 08-03-2010, 03:24 PM
brossow

Originally Posted by hydrashocker
Well, unless you can find it in a different place it must be there so I don't know what to tell you. The power outlet ports are 20 amp where the cig outlet is only 15 amps so therefore they MUST be on different fuses not to mention many people have found it. When the power outlet port fuses blow the cig is still functional angain ensuring a different panel and again other people have found it?
Okay, not trying to argue. I just haven't seen anyone with a 2001+ report that they found it in that location and I did find other references to things changing for 2001+. I'll keep looking.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:20 AM
ambrusch

Can any one tell me how to remove the front cigarette lighter jack from the lower dash entirely? I'd like to reroute the +12V power wire to a switch that I installed.

Old 08-15-2010, 07:06 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

It should have some tabs that stick inside so you press those in and pull it through.

Quick Reply: Cigarette Lighter Socket