1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

OEM Towing wiring harness and socket

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 06:14 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default OEM Towing wiring harness and socket

When I bought this used 00 Durango R/T, I just realized that the trailer power socket and wiring harness is missing! I did not think much of it at first as I knew I had the hitch. When i took my SUV to U-Haul to install a power socket to the default mounting plate just left of the hitch, it would not fit. That's when the U-Haul guy said at one time, this SUV must had the power socket. The U haul guy found the other half of the wiring harness. He and I can tell that the harness has deliberately been snipped off by looking at how the wires were cut. I went back to the dealership to look at some of their trucks and SUV's with the towing package and saw the power socket comes pre-installed and prewired along with the hitch receiver. I don't know why the previous owner would take the OEM power socket away. Maybe it was stolen, who knows. Anyways, I asked the dealer for a price quote for a OEM replacement socket and harness and they want over $200 for the freaking thing!!!! So my question is this, do any of you people know where I can get the OEM power socket and harness so I can mount it back on the hitch receiver? So far, I had no luck finding one.

Old 07-13-2004, 04:58 AM
dodgemech
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: OEM Towing wiring harness and socket

Start hunting wrecking yards or fork out the dough.

Old 07-14-2004, 01:37 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: OEM Towing wiring harness and socket

Oh bummer! I was thinking that was the case! Time to go find one if I can find one!

Quick Reply: OEM Towing wiring harness and socket