1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Oil Pan Gasket

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 05:43 PM
navyflyer88
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Pan Gasket

Took my 01 dodge durango to the dealer this week for an oil change and to get a few things looked at. One thing they noticed on their complementary inspection was a slight leak for the oil pan deemed to be due to a worn gasket. They wanted to charge me $700 to take care of it because they say i need a new oil pan to take care of the leak. My question is...is this right? couldnt they just replace the gasket or does the oil pan need to be replaced to take care of the gasket?

Also, i have a moulding coming out of the bottom of the rear windshield, and they said the only way to properly take care of it would b to take it to a glass place and have to whole window taken out to replace the whole thing....at an estimated cost of around $300....are they nuts or should i believe them?

I'm tending not to believe them cuz i have the cover of one of the cruise control buttons coming off and they said it was a bad switch, another $200, which i kno isnt the case cuz the button still works even tho the cover is almost off.

Finally, ne1 kno where i can get a seat frame for the drivers seat? mines busted and letting the chair rock back and forth, they say its only factory direct and costs another $700, but if sum1 has a durango they're looking to scrap local to me id love to get this part off of it to save sum money.

Thanks,

George L.
Manchester, CT
Loyal Dodge fan and owner

Old 10-26-2006, 07:20 PM
2000RT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Oil Pan Gasket

I am not sure, but I see no reason in replacing the oil pan.
Regarding the seat frame, call junk yards in your area.

Good Luck

Old 10-27-2006, 03:12 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They are ripping you off. If needed, do it yourself. Otherwise, a nice cleaning and a new gasket and she should be fine.

IndyD

Old 10-27-2006, 12:51 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I agree. They are ripping you off.[:'(] Get the gasket replaced. Look at the seat and see if a weld broke or if it is just a bolt loose. Also the button can be replaced and it is very easy to do. The rear window seal depending on which one should be able to be replaced at a window shop. Just drive in and see what they say.

Quick Reply: Oil Pan Gasket