1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

new guy with some questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 06:43 PM
cc89formula
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new guy with some questions

so i just got my durango a few days ago, and im wanting to see some pictures of a few things, and have a couple quesitons.

First off: can someone show me a picture of a billet grill behind a black grill guard?
Second: can someone show me a picture of some 33" tires on the stock wheels?
Third: is this worth $28? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-...QQcmdZViewItem
from the way it looks the stock air intake HAS to be restrictive. i was just kinda wondering if there would be any MPG increase with it.
Last: what exhaust sounds good on these things? im looking for just a muffler, nothing real loud...just noticable.

thanks in advance

Old 11-21-2006, 06:49 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: new guy with some questions

Third: for the money, that CAI isn't bad. It certainly is a good price for a trial and one to see if you even like one. The only thing is that most upper end systems have is a guard to keep the engine heat down and away from the cool air. That one doesn't but matches nearly 75% of all the CAIs I see in peoples posts. Hell, the cost of a real K&N filter alone greatly exceeds that filter/tube/attachement setup.

Good luck!

IndyDurango

Old 11-22-2006, 12:55 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://dodgeforum.com/albumphoto.as...Type=1&apage=1
I am pretty sure this guy is running 33's but he has a huge lift. Without a lift you will be rubbing on anything larger than the 31's. If you do a torsion/shackle lift (around $50 for the shackles) you can get 2 inches of lift and can squeeze 32's under there without problems.
Oh and if you get the cheapo intake go for a k&n filter replacement.

Old 11-22-2006, 01:12 AM
cc89formula

i would have thought 33"s would fit, heres my truck with 31x10.50s. it was just a thought, figured when i needed new tires i might go a little bigger, guess not....

Old 11-22-2006, 04:36 PM
Mean Green
Champion

Do the torsion/shackle lift. For the price it can't be beat and you can squeeze 32's under there. Without the lift you would have to do some minor trimming to keep the tires from rubbing on full turns.

Old 11-22-2006, 10:48 PM
PJ2

I have a 50 series Flowmaster that only required a small section of pipe to make the difference in size. Local shop charged 50 bucks for install. Slightly loader at idle but oustanding when you get on it. It has mild interior resonance but in OD on the highway you can't notice it. Depending on the condition of the existing exhuast you may want to look at kits that come with all the pipes if a new system is coming in the future. You'll save some bucks.

Old 11-23-2006, 06:21 AM
cc89formula

link for the lift?

Old 11-25-2006, 03:40 AM
JJ67RS

Hey Formula, If you are looking for tires you might want to look at the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor's. I just got these in the factory size, 31/10.5/15 I love them. They look really good, and they have a nice aggressive tread. The reviews I had seen on these say they are even better than the BFG TA/Ko's.... These things really grip. We just had about almost 3 inches of rain here in RI over Thanksgiving, never had any problems, water was pretty deep. They have either a 60 or 80,000 mile guarantee, and come with a on/offroad assistance program... they change your flats and winch you out for 2 years.... I am looking to do the Torsion bar/shackle lift... anyone recommend a good one for reasonable money? Thanks and good luck...

Old 11-26-2006, 03:30 AM
Mean Green
Champion

Goodyear Wranglers blow. I am much happier with my BFG's

Quick Reply: new guy with some questions