1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

ENGINE CODE P0505!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 12:18 PM
goodloe20
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ENGINE CODE P0505!

The check engine like as been on for a while with this code. Its for IAC system malfunction. So i replaced it no fix. So i did a little research. I ended up replacing the TPS and the spark plugs. I check all the voltage to the connectors its good. the code will not reset. I also have an acceleration problem that started to occur after I replaced the IAC. I know it dosn't make sence. The acceleration problem goes like this: When I accelorate it does not go to second until like 4500 rpms them when it does it drop down and the surges back up with no power almost like its in nuteral. after I replaced the IAC. TPS, spark plugs, flushed the engine, and cleaned out the throtle body out. No fix! running better but no fix. I need some advice i dont want to take it to the dealer because I have seen alot of people post this issue all over the internet with no results from the dealer. any help would be greatly appriciated.

Old 11-22-2006, 04:30 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: ENGINE CODE P0505!

Sounds like the problem might be with the speed sensor in the tranny?

Old 11-22-2006, 04:48 PM
goodloe20
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ENGINE CODE P0505!

Thats already been changed about 3 months ago. I dont know what else to try. How do I check to see if the PCM is bad? I have a haynes guide and it say if you change the IAC and that the code doesn't go away then have a dealer troubleshoot the PCM.

Let me know thanks!

Quick Reply: ENGINE CODE P0505!