1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

thinking to buy a 2003 durango.. help wanted

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 08:17 PM
latreto
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thinking to buy a 2003 durango.. help wanted

Hello everybody,
Yesterday I sold my 99 astrovan. Now I am thinking to buy a 2003 4x4 Durango (need to move around my 5 children and wife). I do not know anything about durango's so any advice is very welcome.
I have seen two: both are 4.7
model 1: has a third seat between driver and copilot, is all wheel drive (the selector shows awd, 4h and 4L). Mileage: 33.5k miles
model 2: only pilot and copilot in the first row. It has a huge box in the middle of the seats. is 4x4 but the selector shows only 2wd and 4H Mileage: 22 kmiles

Both are in excellent mechanical and body conditions

Which one should I buy. Prices area the same...

Regards

Rafael Lathrop

Old 11-25-2006, 09:00 PM
PJ2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: thinking to buy a 2003 durango.. help wanted

It's all preference. Both are great rides. I got mine used with 20K and it was under warranty so all the little things that came up were covered. Huge savings. I didnt know you could get the jump seat in the D, but I do know that the box in the middle comes out with hand tools quite easily. I would imaging that you could add the jump but the cost and extra belts might make it costly. I have the 4H 4L version or the part time 4 wheel drive. I like it alot and used it a lot in the snow and mud. No problems. Hopefully someone with AWD will jump in.

Old 11-26-2006, 03:23 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: thinking to buy a 2003 durango.. help wanted

AWD will burn up the gas a little more and the 4.7 is not the best engine to go for, they have a sludge problem. You would be best to consider the 5.2 or the 5.9. They are bulletproof engines and you won't lose that much more mileage.

Quick Reply: thinking to buy a 2003 durango.. help wanted