1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

2002 Cd Player Install

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 05:50 AM
jmihalchik
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Cd Player Install

Done lots of stereos, just need some insight on removing the trim around the radio if ne one could point me to a link or shoot me a picture pointing to screws that need removed. Doin this install for a friend and dont wanna spend all day lookin for hidden screws. I searched Please help [X(]

Old 08-05-2004, 03:51 AM
jmihalchik
Default RE: 2002 Cd Player Install

Help please install comin soon............

Old 08-10-2004, 12:38 AM
applezzz
Default RE: 2002 Cd Player Install

Oh So easy , up above the inst cluster you will find 2 phillips, after that tilt sterring down put in gear (e brake on) & pull from vents next to cluster you will need to disconnect 3 plugs on the heater control from the back (part of dash bezel) the transfer case selector switch (if eqipped) & the headlight switch once these are out you will see 4 screws holding in the radio ( i assume you are going to use an install wiring harness & plate . you will need the newer 1 peice chrysler wiring kit along with an antenna adapter)
also if there is an infinity spkr system in this truck you WILL have to find the amp trigger wire (it will probably be the blue one in the kit) this needs to be hooked up or you will get no sound !! done it twice in my own .. took 15 min in & out
Good Luck !

Quick Reply: 2002 Cd Player Install