1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Factory Ride Height '00 Durango R/T

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 08:14 PM
superlund
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Ride Height '00 Durango R/T

Hello all,

New to this forum, would like to say hello and ask a question!
Just purchased a '00 Durango R/T W/ 61K miles for my daily driver. I also own a Ram 3500 DRW V10 truck.

I noticed the Durango was setting a little low in the front & sure enough it was on the lower bump / jounce rubber cushions.
I read thru a Chiltons manual that told how to adjust the torsion bars to set the ride height, so I did the measurments and the R/T was exactly 1" low (12.8") difference. The Chiltons manual calls for a 11.8" difference between wheel C/L and lower control arm bolt C/L. I made the adjustment and raised the Durango up, but now it looks a little high in the front compared to the rear. I'm wondering if the Chiltons manual is in error?
Does anyone know what the exact measurment is? Is it different for the R/T models?
Thanks in advance!!

Old 08-10-2004, 10:08 AM
rballard
Default RE: Factory Ride Height '00 Durango R/T

Check the rearend for blocks, it sounds like the previous owner may have lowered it.

Old 08-10-2004, 11:09 AM
superlund
Default RE: Factory Ride Height '00 Durango R/T

I checked the rear, no lowering blocks.

I'm questiong the Chilton manual dimension (11.8"), as it appears to be setting exactly 1" too high in the front now. My only issue is when I put it back down 1" it sets on the lower bump rubbers / cushions.

Could someone check their factory service manual and see what the correct dimension is for an '00 Durango R/T??

Quick Reply: Factory Ride Height '00 Durango R/T