1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

LIFT

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: LIFT

Probably a lot like a crescent wrench but for $50 I'm not gonna be the one to find out.

*EDIT*
I see what you're saying about that andit does not stay on the bolt. The only thing that may be good for is making sure you make the right amount of revolutions but all you have to do is make a mark on the bolt to the torsion bar and a mark on the frame to keep track.

I just read the description on that thing and the guy says you can clear 35's after using the torsion key. What a sham it's not worth clearing the tires if you can't turn them. Sheisty SOB.

Old 01-16-2007, 02:42 PM
garrettc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I can crank my torsion bars and get 2" of lift safely, then just go back down to stock when im not 4wheeling?
i have a 99 slt 4x4 and I plan on going 4wheeling every week or two, but dont have money topay the extra insurance (only 16) so I just planned on getting a sett of street tires with 20's and then a set of off-road tires for when i go for wheeling/snowboaring etc.

Old 01-16-2007, 08:43 PM
LayItLowS10

well i only plan on cranking the torsions for maybe 1-1.5" of lift .... how else do you get lift from the front end ?!?! i plan on running 33s .... also going to do a bodylift

thanks for all your help thus far fellas

Old 01-17-2007, 02:00 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are very few options for lifting the D. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the Tuff Country 5.5" lift and that is just for show. Do a search on here or Google and you will find some others for like 3 inches of lift but the problem is is that they are $1400 if I remember correctly. I'd rather just buy the shackles for 50 bux and call it a day with 2". If I want any more lift I will get a BL and take a day to install it.

Old 01-17-2007, 02:13 PM
garrettc

ORIGINAL: Mean Green

There are very few options for lifting the D. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the Tuff Country 5.5" lift and that is just for show. Do a search on here or Google and you will find some others for like 3 inches of lift but the problem is is that they are $1400 if I remember correctly. I'd rather just buy the shackles for 50 bux and call it a day with 2". If I want any more lift I will get a BL and take a day to install it.
so all i need to do for the 2" llift is adjust the torsion bars and no other modifications have to be made? are there any risks to it? could you possibly find a page that tells how to do it the right way for me so im not finding crappy instructions? sorry to be a hassle but im pretty new to suspension and want to get it done the right way the first time.

Old 01-17-2007, 03:22 PM
deerang
All Star

Here is a pretty good step by step for the tosrion and shackle lift.

https://dodgeforum.com/m_326719/tm.htm

Old 01-17-2007, 09:01 PM
LayItLowS10

i think im just going to shackle the rear and crank the torsion bars up front. then with the 3" bl, i should easily clear 33s. but im thinking the truck wont sit level unless i go more than 2" up front. idk, still contemplating. also going to change to moog balljoints, replace the brakes, and a few other pieces up front.
how is the front lifted on the t/c 5.5" lift ?? control arms ?!?!

Old 01-17-2007, 10:30 PM
LayItLowS10

where can i find some shackles ???
these are the only ones i've come across
http://www.truckn-store.com/product....p&ID=98003
and i really dont like aim industries so

Old 01-18-2007, 12:32 AM
HeavyD
Professional

No lift is for free, you can't just do a torsion bar lift. the torsion bar is on the front end only, you must use shackels for the rear, These you must pay for. Another cheap lift is a body lift.

part number 6400 by beltechs, make the rear shakels I think you can get them from summit racing.
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...&view=2047
please note: Although these shackles are advertised to be a 1" drop for a chevy, they also work nicely to give 2" lift to a Durango

another is Western shackle, part number 2001

Old 01-18-2007, 12:36 AM
LayItLowS10

who's looking to do everything for free ?!?!?!

Quick Reply: LIFT