1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

00 Durango 5.2 Won't start

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 02:32 AM
DurangoDanger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 00 Durango 5.2 Won't start

Yeah, I had that same problem on an older 97 F-250 I had, the wire to the starter was loose, that was a pain. But just 2 weeks ago my d wouldn't start the same way. I checked the terminals, they were loose, but not loose enough to come off. But that rubber casing on the positive would catch the wind I guess and pul it up. I don't know, so I just replaced since it was so cheap. They had me puzzled for a lil while, cause none of my standard wrenches would fit to loosen them up to take them off, it haad me stumped for a lil bit, and my buddy is telling me, try metric, try metric, and I was like, Why would it be metric? This thing is domestic, not some lil rice burner (he drives an 86/87 Nissan 300zx, swapped an 87 engine into an 86 body), and finaly, in the end, much to my chagrin, the metric (I forget if it was a 9 or 10 mil) worked fine. But the terminals I bought to put on it were standard, so, it all works out now ;-). I guess that that was the part (the 2%) of the D that Dodge had made in Mexico, and that's something else that pisses me off. I'm pretty sure, when I bought it, my D was 98% made in the US of A. The newer dodges are down to like 70-72%. Makes me not wanna buy a new D. That, and the fact that they sit too high. I like the low center of gravity my D, and the new one sits too high IMHO. If I was to buy a new SUV, I might look at the new Cherokee, I like them.
-T Hitt

Old 02-15-2007, 02:33 AM
DurangoDanger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 00 Durango 5.2 Won't start

Also, when it's cold ouy, my D will whine and grind when I first try to start it, but eventually will start. It only does this when it's cold, anyone have any idea why?
-T Hitt

Quick Reply: 00 Durango 5.2 Won't start