1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

2000 Durango Questions for new owner!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 01:23 AM
Ganon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Durango Questions for new owner!

Just bought a nice 2000 Durango SLT 4x4 with the 5.9 V8 with 55,000 miles. Have done some preventive maintenence like flush/change coolant, change differential fluid, change tranny fluid, put in a K&N air filter. What else needs to be done or should I be aware of with this year and model Durango? Any known problems?

The only complaint I have is that there is a lot of condensation from the AC when I am on long drives in humid weather. There is condensation build up inside the glove box where it looks like condensation water is dripping off the some part of the AC back in the glove box. Also get a little condesation from the left driver's vent. Anyone else ever notice this or have similar problems?

Finally, I want to change the spark plugs. What brand do you all recommend. Is it also necessary to change to wires at this time and what brand do you recommend? Finally Is there a cap and rotor that needs to be changed also? Hard to tell because it is cramed all the way in the back. Looks sort of difficult to change out! Also does the Fuel Filter need to be changed and where is it located roughly? Thanks for all your help and look forward to the responses!

Old 08-18-2004, 01:32 AM
dodgemech
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2000 Durango Questions for new owner!

There is a fuel filter located on top of the fuel tank, it doesn't really need to be changed. i recommend all Mopar parts for the tune-up. Yes there is a cap/rotor to replace. It isn't too hard to change.

Old 08-18-2004, 02:00 AM
rockadaous
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2000 Durango Questions for new owner!

welcome to the boards. here's a site to get ya going. check out the tips and tricks section http://www.intense-dakota.com

good luck

rock

Quick Reply: 2000 Durango Questions for new owner!