1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Back Wiper not intermittent...???

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 05:59 PM
bayoublack
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back Wiper not intermittent...???

The back wiper of my 2002 Durango R/T is not working properly. When I put it to intermittent it wipes 3-4 times and then shuts off. I have to manually turn it on and off in order for it to be deemed "intermittent". When I clean the back glass it will come on only after the water has sprayed whereas typically in other vehicles I have had that is a joint effort...both come on at the same time. When it does come on the clean off the water it will wipe 15-20 times before shutting off...rather like kicking a dead horse honestly. Can anyone tell me what might be causing my wiper to not perform correctly? Also, how difficult is it to change out the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel? My right hand button was "abused" by the previous owner and now does not fit tightly to the steering wheel as the left hand button does...HELP!

Thanks guys!

Old 02-12-2007, 07:32 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Back Wiper not intermittent...???

It sounds like the switch is bad for the wiper. I would pull it off and get yourself a new one or see if you can fix this one. As far as the cc buttons just dig around a little on them but I would suggest disconnecting the battery cable since you'll be working that close to the airbag.

Quick Reply: Back Wiper not intermittent...???