1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Hello!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 03:05 PM
durango037
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello!!!

Hey guys!! New to the Forum. Just bought a '03 Durango and plan on doing some moding on it. First things first though. I live in ,OH and we have been getting some pretty cold weather. Unfortunately, my drivers side rear window regulator cable broke a cheap plastic piece off of itand the cable bound up in the regulator. I bought a regulator off a 02 (Supposevly) and it will work with some new bolt holes drilled.

Question:
Why is a '02 regulotor assembly different than a '03?
Is it possible to open up the regulator and try to unwind the cable so I don't have to rill holes in the door for the new/used regulotor?
I plugged the used regulator in and it didn't seem to work. Does the regulator need to be grounded in order to operate?

Thanks for the help!!!

Old 02-14-2007, 03:43 PM
Chris
Record Breaker
Default RE: Hello!!!

Welcome! As far as your window motor, I am not sure off the top of my head. It isn't a direct plug and play?

Old 02-15-2007, 02:13 AM
DurangoDanger

Off-topic but: Love the cold weather! I love the ice that accompanies it, empty parking lots, lots of ice = good times! I mean, I have the 318, so I can do doughtnuts even on dry pavement, but it KILLS the tires, but a nice layering of ice helps lead to less problems. I love being able to go anywhere, anytime I want, whiel this snow and ice has everyone else snowed in, I can still run into town to get groceries and the like. Like I said, completely off-topic

Old 02-15-2007, 02:36 AM
deerang
All Star

I love the snow and Ice, but sadly I'm in school and 100km away from my D right now. We got about 5 inches of snow last night, and I have to walk through it like a sucker. Only 2 days till I go home and get to boot around till 4am getting kicked out by rent-a-cops one parking lot at a time.

I've replaced my rear tires more recently than my front, so i tend to understeer around corners, but a quick blip of the throttle corrects that.

Old 02-15-2007, 11:45 AM
durango037

The regulator is a plug and play, if you have the correct one. I can make the 02 regulator work, its just weird that it isn't the exact same assembly.

I'll post pics.

Thanks for the help

Old 02-15-2007, 03:16 PM
Chris
Record Breaker

If I were you, I would wire the new motor into the existing hook-ups. This would retain your OEM connections.